The Daily Click ::. Forums ::. General Chat ::. Can anyone justify an Apple PC for me?
 

Post Reply  Post Oekaki 
 

Posted By Message

Silveraura

God's God

Registered
  08/08/2002
Points
  6746

Game of the Week WinnerKlikCast StarAlien In Training!VIP Member360 OwnerWii OwnerSonic SpeedThe Cake is a LieComputerChristmas Tree!
I am an April Fool
21st August, 2010 at 03:27:18 -

Dogzer is a half-bread troll. He's helpful at times but others, not so much. Don't feed it.

 
http://www.facebook.com/truediamondgame

Hagar

Administrator
Old klik fart

Registered
  20/02/2002
Points
  1714

You've Been Circy'd!Teddy Bear
21st August, 2010 at 12:47:26 -

Poor guy, I hope he is other half is a good bread like a Granary loaf.

 
n/a

Matthew Wiese

The Fencer

Registered
  01/02/2009
Points
  149

VIP Member360 Owner
21st August, 2010 at 12:52:58 -

Uh oh, yeah now that you say that I think I fed him. Is there any way to make a troll throw up? I want my food back.

 
n/a

Jenswa

Possibly Insane

Registered
  26/08/2002
Points
  2722
22nd August, 2010 at 11:37:28 -

About Apple or the mac or the ipod or the iphone or whatever thing they create, it's mostly beautiful and it just works and works good together with all other Apple stuff.

But do you want mister Apple to decide for you what you can and can't do with your Apple product? Unless you're planning on hacking or jailbraiking it for normal usage.

I would go for a home made pc setup.

Not that I've one, but that's because of space limitations and my new green laptop is doing its best to deal with that


 
Image jenswa.neocities.org

Dogzer



Registered
  07/02/2011
Points
  1029
28th August, 2010 at 07:20:00 -


Originally Posted by ..::hagar::..
Poor guy, I hope he is other half is a good bread like a Granary loaf.



Oh look at the lil mac user trying to justify all the money his spent on his overpriced INTEL, inside a supposedly 'cool' design, sure, lets love the design, lets hold on to that as hard as we can cuz pretending you really really love the design it's the only way people wont think you are just stupid and retarded for paying that much money for a computer.

You know.. I think that's the problem with mac users, denial, why admit you got day robbed, that'd be embarrassing! They rather stick to their story and keep saying mac's are so cute lil things and it feels so good to use a mac. Let me tell you something, i've used a mac, it's just another fucking computer! Nothing spectacular about it, certainly not worth the money.


 
n/a

Hagar

Administrator
Old klik fart

Registered
  20/02/2002
Points
  1714

You've Been Circy'd!Teddy Bear
31st August, 2010 at 12:07:19 -


Originally Posted by Dogzer

Originally Posted by ..::hagar::..
Poor guy, I hope he is other half is a good bread like a Granary loaf.



Oh look at the lil mac user trying to justify all the money his spent on his overpriced INTEL, inside a supposedly 'cool' design, sure, lets love the design, lets hold on to that as hard as we can cuz pretending you really really love the design it's the only way people wont think you are just stupid and retarded for paying that much money for a computer.

You know.. I think that's the problem with mac users, denial, why admit you got day robbed, that'd be embarrassing! They rather stick to their story and keep saying mac's are so cute lil things and it feels so good to use a mac. Let me tell you something, i've used a mac, it's just another fucking computer! Nothing spectacular about it, certainly not worth the money.



Although I kind of agree with you Moriarty (my equally old and cantankerous clicking fellow), you have failed in examining the evidence. If you care to read my posts, I have not brought a mac of any shape or form.

Checkmate.


 
n/a

Dogzer



Registered
  07/02/2011
Points
  1029
31st August, 2010 at 22:49:10 -

omg! that's even worse!!!!111122two... the only thing worse than a mac user in denial is.. a mac user in denial WANNABE! loooooOOoooOool! omg my nipples got hard from so much laughing!

<END OF BATTLE>

Scoreboard
Haggar: 0
Dogzer: a million!

 
n/a

Muz



Registered
  14/02/2002
Points
  6499

VIP MemberI'm on a BoatI am an April FoolHonored Admin Alumnus
1st September, 2010 at 18:01:02 -

Don't buy a mac unless you have a reason to. It's got its pros but it's just not cost-effective. It's good, but if you can find a better way to do whatever with a standard PC, get the PC. Apple is a fashion statement.

 
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Image

Hagar

Administrator
Old klik fart

Registered
  20/02/2002
Points
  1714

You've Been Circy'd!Teddy Bear
1st September, 2010 at 22:43:53 -


Originally Posted by Dogzer
omg! that's even worse!!!!111122two... the only thing worse than a mac user in denial is.. a mac user in denial WANNABE! loooooOOoooOool! omg my nipples got hard from so much laughing!

<END OF BATTLE>

Scoreboard
Haggar: 0
Dogzer: a million!



Lol classic Ashman .

Spelling round goes to Hagar, I will let you have the nonsensical rhetoric round

You should really see a therapist about your nipple problem Dogzer, thats not normal - especially over a Mac or Mac users.

Did a Mac user whoop you at a frag match or something because he had less lag and higher FPS? (Not a problem I have when gaming with my PC). Or did you ask Santa for a Mac but he never came up with the goods? I don't know, that man takes our mince pies and sherrys for what!??


 
n/a

Hagar

Administrator
Old klik fart

Registered
  20/02/2002
Points
  1714

You've Been Circy'd!Teddy Bear
1st September, 2010 at 22:46:29 -


Originally Posted by Muz
Don't buy a mac unless you have a reason to. It's got its pros but it's just not cost-effective. It's good, but if you can find a better way to do whatever with a standard PC, get the PC. Apple is a fashion statement.



I did learn Logic years ago (which used to be Windows or Mac) but Mr Jobbs brought the company out and made it apple only. I need to put my hand in my pocket and buy cakewalk sonar

 
n/a

JustinC



Registered
  02/04/2006
Points
  1517

GOTM - MAY 2009 - 3RD PLACE!
4th September, 2010 at 04:26:39 -

Honest Answer: No. You have to really really like it, and really really want one. For whatever reason.

I've used windows since I was 11 years old. I'm used to it. I know how to get things done with it. The programs I know and like are on it. I do freelance work for someone who swears by mac. He'll go on and on about how macs are superior to PCs. Whatever. If they work for you, it's what you should use. But they don't work for me. I have one. And like hayo, it's mostly collecting dust. I bought it for video editing. I had heard they were great for this. I have final cut studio. On my PC, I have sony vegas. I much much much prefer Vegas. I haven't gotten into motion graphics much, but if I do it will probably be with adobe after effects. I have messed with motion a bit but can't get into it.

When I use a mac everything takes longer. The mouse acceleration is clunky and innacurate. The dock is annoying. The way a program's menu bar is not attached to the window is irritating. The way final cut and other programs are divided into separate windows is annoying.

Basically, I'm not a fan. I have nothing against the OS. If you like it you should use it. But I get so tired of hearing how mac is so superior. How there's some behind the scenes technical reason why video editing on a mac is superior. Guess what, I don't know what goes on behind the scenes of the OS, and I don't care. My interactions are based on the programs I use and the functional use of the OS itself.

Macs are overpriced. There is no getting around that. I do not believe the price can be justified. They have some better components yes. And the fact that the hardware and software are tied together can be helpful in some ways. And the US based tech support is hugely appreciated by me. But it's all about perception. Much like luxury cars. A lexus is just a toyota with leather and a bunch of extra options as standard. But people pay the premium.

If you are in love with macs based on your use of them, and there is a reason you need a more niche product that will not be as widely compatible as a PC, whether it be some Mac only software, or a hardware reason that only you understand, then you should get one.


 
Image

Dogzer



Registered
  07/02/2011
Points
  1029
4th September, 2010 at 08:44:15 -

Oh look at the lil PC user hating mac... What, can't you afford best that technology can offer so you dedicate yourself to bash that you can't have? Look, it's simple, macs are top notch technology, clean, straightforward, no bullshit.. Why would anyone ever buy a pc? Games? I got a fucking PS3, XBOX and a WII which were specifically done for gaming, FUCK PCs! As for everything else... do you really want to use any software that's not in 100% perfect harmony with its hardware, specifically done for it, no driver problems, no bad configurations, just focus on what matters, which is you using your god damn computer!
Personally, I'm a mac LOVER, and not because of a brand caprice i've develop thanks to mac advertising, nor other mac lover's word of mouth convincing... it's because my mac loves me the fuck BACK, man... you think your PC loves you back? think again, driver problems, virus, bad quality components bottleheading your other components, oh complete lack of hardware DESIGN.. your pc fucking hates you, man, sorry you found out this way..

MAC FOREVER...

Hail Almighty Steve

Admin Note
  Please stop using the f-bomb.


 
n/a

Hagar

Administrator
Old klik fart

Registered
  20/02/2002
Points
  1714

You've Been Circy'd!Teddy Bear
4th September, 2010 at 13:53:26 -

Roflmao, sudden change of tune there Dogzer (surprise surprise). I have a good gaming PC, a Wii, Xbox360 and pretty much every console to date (bar the Sony PlayStation series as those broke ).

Why don't you try answering the questions posed? Somebody did give you a good whooping at a PC game did'nt they?

Plus I think the term you are after is bottlenecking, not a bottleheading. It's a PC not a milk bottle factory.


 
n/a

chrilley

Insane Beaver

Registered
  05/01/2002
Points
  704

Game of the Week WinnerVIP Member360 Owner
4th September, 2010 at 14:35:57 -

Image


 
Image

Dogzer



Registered
  07/02/2011
Points
  1029
4th September, 2010 at 15:18:31 -

y'all should use linux, it's much better

 
n/a
   

Post Reply



 



Advertisement

Worth A Click