HTML Forge 1.5 - MDI Interface + more
Submitted:|| 18th August, 2003
HTML Forge has been updated to version 1.5
The best update ever!
Using this software at your own risk. I cannot be held responsible if this damages your system in any way or is causing data to disapear.
Not that it's gonna blow up your computer. It's just a standard warning.
Sweet new editing extras:
• Brand new MDI interface (you can have multiple documents open at a time.)
• Added a menu bar after lot's of requests. The toolbox is still there but can be hided if you want.
Neat other new features:
• New, Open and Save is now available in the ToolMenu
• You can now make image maps with the new editor. It has never been easier!
• Added an update dialog so you can update your dialogs easy if there are any new...
• New Insert Date & Time
• Added a simple Find & Replace dialog
• I split up HTML Forge in smaller parts for faster loading of the exe and makes it possible for you to download an updated dialog instead of downloading the enire .exe every time there is a dialog update.
• When you write text it's automaticley colored as you write it. The coloring is also now many times faster in large documents because of this.
• You can change how big the range of the ranged recoloring is from the HTML Forge options.
• If you wish you can recolor the entire document by pressing Ctrl + M
• You can now see your preview in your standard browser instead of the embedded IE ActiveX.
(note: this feature only reads from the registry. Not write. It should not damage your registry)
• Doubble click a hex color and you get a nice dialog box to change it.
• Tabbing - easy organize the html. This neat feature remembers the last lines tabbed state.
• Select text and press tab, inserts a tab character in all lines.
• Option to invert the tabbing state of the selected text. [smile]
• Insert text as if it was written in word. You easily type in text and make it bold, italic, underlined, centered and so on as in Word. HTML Forge then genereates the html.
• Support for Meta tags.
• CSS support. (Insert links to CSS and easy insert classes in existing html tags)
• Insert bookmarks
• When you insert link you can now also choose wich bookmark it should scrool to.
• Write a tooltip text for you images. (I know i forgot this in the first version)
• Hotkeys! Insert your most used tags with ctrl + a number.
• Select text and make it bold, Italic and Underlines with one click
• Align the text in more ways
• Quick < br> tabs
• set the font easily by a userfriendly dialog
• Insert a hex color outside of tags for various reasons
• insert pictures, links and tables with easy dialogs
• Page setup (edit the contents of the < body> tag) with a wizard
• Live preview from inside HTML Forge.
There are may be other features not listed here.
• Again, I fixed a bug in the add text dialog. Now you can insert huge amounts of text (to the MMF limit).
• I think i fixed a bug that made text another font and made it bold
• (Still) Undo/Redo only works sometimes because of the syntax coloring. Custom Undo/Redo system soon.
Review This Download
http://www.andosmedia.com/programs/htmlforge150.zip (1.24mb )
Is this worth a look? Let others know! Favourite