The Daily Click ::. Forums ::. Daily Click ::. Rating reviews?
 

Post Reply  Post Oekaki 
 

Posted By Message

Ski

TDC is my stress ball

Registered
  13/03/2005
Points
  10130

GOTW WINNER CUP 1!GOTW WINNER CUP 2!GOTW WINNER CUP 3!KlikCast HelperVIP MemberWii OwnerStrawberryPicture Me This Round 28 Winner!PS3 OwnerI am an April Fool
Candy Cane
14th July, 2008 at 17:21:27 -

TDC Coders- please could you make this possible? I think it would be a really handy feature to have, as some people (especially me) don't like to agree with some of the reviews being spewed out. Sometimes I think people are a little biased or unfair, and it would be handy to know who's worth going by in a review. To be honest I'm not sure why this feature hasn't already been implemented? Although reviews are pretty much personal opinions, I think it's important for people to realise what's actually worth 10 stars, and what's not. IMO people tend to be way too generous.

 
n/a

Codemonkey

Always Serious

Registered
  06/11/2007
Points
  164

Code MonkeyKlikCast StarVIP MemberAttention GetterWii Owner360 OwnerThe Cake is a LieCardboard BoxHero of TimeI'm a Storm Trooper
I'm on a BoatIt's-a me, Mario!PS3 OwnerSonic SpeedGOTM - SEPTEMBER 2009 - WINNER!Evil klikerPokemon Ball!I am an April Fool
14th July, 2008 at 18:43:57 -

Er. I agree.

 
You can log off any time you like, but you can't ever leave.

Ricky

loves Left For Dead 2

Registered
  28/12/2006
Points
  4175

Has Donated, Thank You!Game of the Week WinnerVIP MemberWii OwnerHero of TimeGOTM Winner! - November 2009I am an April Fool
14th July, 2008 at 22:06:34 -

You could always write a counter review.

 
-

LIJI

Flava's Smarter Twin

Registered
  29/08/2006
Points
  2032

I like penguins
14th July, 2008 at 22:18:35 -

You should also be able to rate ratings of reviews. And ratings of ratings of reviews. And members, forum topics, posts and comments. I rate your topic 3.14159 stars out of 26.53589793238, because I can.

Image Edited by the Author.

 
Service Unavailable

Phredreeke

Don't listen to this idiot

Registered
  03/08/2002
Points
  4504

You've Been Circy'd!VIP MemberPS3 Owner
14th July, 2008 at 23:09:20 -


Originally Posted by -Adam-
TDC Coders- please could you make this possible? I think it would be a really handy feature to have, as some people (especially me) don't like to agree with some of the reviews being spewed out. Sometimes I think people are a little biased or unfair, and it would be handy to know who's worth going by in a review. To be honest I'm not sure why this feature hasn't already been implemented? Although reviews are pretty much personal opinions, I think it's important for people to realise what's actually worth 10 stars, and what's not. IMO people tend to be way too generous.



If you disagree in someone's review of a game, then write your own review of it

 
- Ok, you must admit that was the most creative cussing this site have ever seen -

Make some more box arts damnit!
http://create-games.com/forum_post.asp?id=285363

Ski

TDC is my stress ball

Registered
  13/03/2005
Points
  10130

GOTW WINNER CUP 1!GOTW WINNER CUP 2!GOTW WINNER CUP 3!KlikCast HelperVIP MemberWii OwnerStrawberryPicture Me This Round 28 Winner!PS3 OwnerI am an April Fool
Candy Cane
14th July, 2008 at 23:16:49 -

No, because we don't all have time to write them- some of the members here are pretty busy people. However, if a rating system was implied, stars could be given out of 5 in a comment, and that way users would have to give reasoning to it. That way they could point out what they don't agree with etc.

 
n/a

Phredreeke

Don't listen to this idiot

Registered
  03/08/2002
Points
  4504

You've Been Circy'd!VIP MemberPS3 Owner
14th July, 2008 at 23:35:08 -


Originally Posted by -Adam-
No, because we don't all have time to write them- some of the members here are pretty busy people. However, if a rating system was implied, stars could be given out of 5 in a comment, and that way users would have to give reasoning to it. That way they could point out what they don't agree with etc.



Well, if you can't bother to spend time writing your own reviews, I don't think it's fair to belittle reviews from people who did spend time writing them.

 
- Ok, you must admit that was the most creative cussing this site have ever seen -

Make some more box arts damnit!
http://create-games.com/forum_post.asp?id=285363

Ski

TDC is my stress ball

Registered
  13/03/2005
Points
  10130

GOTW WINNER CUP 1!GOTW WINNER CUP 2!GOTW WINNER CUP 3!KlikCast HelperVIP MemberWii OwnerStrawberryPicture Me This Round 28 Winner!PS3 OwnerI am an April Fool
Candy Cane
14th July, 2008 at 23:44:28 -

It's not a question of bothering, it's a question of finding the time, Phredreeke. You're completely missing the point.

http://www.create-games.com/review.asp?id=3326

http://www.create-games.com/review.asp?id=3250

http://www.create-games.com/review.asp?id=3083


Yeah, great reviews there. There was also one Martin Bodger's now wisely chosen to delete. Shab knows what I'm talking about. Like the Projects section, the reviews section is also abused sometimes, and something needs to be done about it. ""

 
n/a

LIJI

Flava's Smarter Twin

Registered
  29/08/2006
Points
  2032

I like penguins
14th July, 2008 at 23:48:10 -

No one has ever found a bug fix to human stupidity. How would Review-Reviews actually help?

 
Service Unavailable

Phredreeke

Don't listen to this idiot

Registered
  03/08/2002
Points
  4504

You've Been Circy'd!VIP MemberPS3 Owner
15th July, 2008 at 00:14:42 -

It's much easier to just rate a review 5 stars than going all the way to write a 1500 word review too

 
- Ok, you must admit that was the most creative cussing this site have ever seen -

Make some more box arts damnit!
http://create-games.com/forum_post.asp?id=285363

Clubsoft

Administrator
Weeeeeeee

Registered
  02/12/2001
Points
  249

Acoders MemberHas Donated, Thank You!May contain nutsVIP Member360 OwnerI'm an alien!Code Monkey
15th July, 2008 at 00:18:05 -

Please keep on topic, and stop provoking, LIJI.

Back on topic now, thank you.

 
.: ImageApocalyptic Coders - www.acoders.com :.

Jon Lambert

Administrator
Vaporware Master

Registered
  19/12/2004
Points
  8235

VIP MemberWii OwnerTDC Chat Super UserI am an April FoolSSBB 3265-4741-0937ACCF 3051-1173-8012360 Owner
15th July, 2008 at 00:37:38 -

I first read this and thought "Well, this is a good idea, because people seem to like to make nonsense reviews." Then I thought, the same thing is going to happen with rating reviews. People will give a review five stars because they want to, it's funny, etc. without really being serious about the rating, or give 0 stars because they're angry. It ends up having the same problem almost as the reviews you want to rate.

 
Sandwich Time!Whoo!

JoyCheck & KeyCheck Widgets
For easy implementation of customizable joystick and keyboard controls.
http://www.create-games.com/download.asp?id=8364

Codemonkey

Always Serious

Registered
  06/11/2007
Points
  164

Code MonkeyKlikCast StarVIP MemberAttention GetterWii Owner360 OwnerThe Cake is a LieCardboard BoxHero of TimeI'm a Storm Trooper
I'm on a BoatIt's-a me, Mario!PS3 OwnerSonic SpeedGOTM - SEPTEMBER 2009 - WINNER!Evil klikerPokemon Ball!I am an April Fool
15th July, 2008 at 00:53:17 -

Being "too generious" could just mean someone might have a different opinion then you Adam.

 
You can log off any time you like, but you can't ever leave.

Ski

TDC is my stress ball

Registered
  13/03/2005
Points
  10130

GOTW WINNER CUP 1!GOTW WINNER CUP 2!GOTW WINNER CUP 3!KlikCast HelperVIP MemberWii OwnerStrawberryPicture Me This Round 28 Winner!PS3 OwnerI am an April Fool
Candy Cane
15th July, 2008 at 00:56:14 -

You're still missing the point. Completely. It's not actually a case of agreeing/disagreeing to a certain extent. It's a case of if it's a well written review or not. If what they're saying is true, or if they're just writing a review to slag off a game, like a review I saw recently was just a paragraph of text saying why a game was completely crap. So basically judging how fair a review is being. Yes, everyone has their own opinions, but I think it's pretty easy to establish if a game is being over-rated/under rated.

 
n/a

Eternal Man [EE]

Pitied the FOO

Registered
  18/01/2007
Points
  2976

Game of the Week WinnerHero of TimeLOL SignI am an April Fool
15th July, 2008 at 01:00:00 -

"Man up and take criticism."

?

Have you even read Adam's initial post? That wasn't the question at all. I too believe it would be a good idea with ratings of the "quality" of the review.

 
Eternal Entertainment's Code'n'Art Man

E_E = All Indie


...actually Ell Endie, but whatever.
Image
Image

Ski

TDC is my stress ball

Registered
  13/03/2005
Points
  10130

GOTW WINNER CUP 1!GOTW WINNER CUP 2!GOTW WINNER CUP 3!KlikCast HelperVIP MemberWii OwnerStrawberryPicture Me This Round 28 Winner!PS3 OwnerI am an April Fool
Candy Cane
15th July, 2008 at 01:26:33 -

Oh its Matt gayles.You were banned, I thought your comments were quite harsh/offensive.

 
n/a

AndyUK

Mascot Maniac

Registered
  01/08/2002
Points
  14446

Game of the Week WinnerSecond GOTW AwardHas Donated, Thank You!VIP Member
15th July, 2008 at 05:07:33 -

A big potential problem i can see is that people just wont use it properly. If people disagree with a reviewers final score, for whatever reason they will vote down. Thats just how it is I'm afraid.

 
.

-MacAdaM-

Megaman Fosho

Registered
  12/02/2008
Points
  560
15th July, 2008 at 05:44:18 -

It would be like when TDC still had the thumbs up, thumbs down voting. (at least the way ir ead it from andy's post)

 
Your just jealous that you're not as awesome as me.
(And my megaman avatar )

Cecilectomy

noPE

Registered
  19/03/2005
Points
  305

Has Donated, Thank You!VIP MemberWeekly Picture Me This Winner!Cardboard BoxGhostbuster!Pokemon Ball!ComputerBox RedSanta HatSnowman
I am an April Fool
15th July, 2008 at 06:52:24 -

like it or not adam does have a very good point all you little hooligans.

i wouldnt go to the extent of being able to 'rate' the review, but something as little as like imdb.com 's "did you find this comment useful or not" system is very effecting. if quite a few people write 10 star reviews for a movie yet more than half of the readers found them "not helpful", i might not bother watching the movie.

and clubby, although liji WAS provoking, he wasnt completely off topic.

 
n/a

Ricky

loves Left For Dead 2

Registered
  28/12/2006
Points
  4175

Has Donated, Thank You!Game of the Week WinnerVIP MemberWii OwnerHero of TimeGOTM Winner! - November 2009I am an April Fool
15th July, 2008 at 07:20:57 -

I like cecil's idea. However, anything involving human input can be abused.

Personally, I think after reading a couple reviews, you can tell who you can trust and who you can't. Take Shroomlock for example, I trust every word that he writes.

 
-

Marko

I like you You like you

Registered
  08/05/2008
Points
  2804

Has Donated, Thank You!Game of the Week WinnerVIP Member360 OwnerDos Rules!Happy FellahCrazy EvilI am an April FoolGingerbread House
15th July, 2008 at 15:35:26 -

The "did you find this review useful?" thing is a good idea. And then the amount of yes and no's to this question could be added up and displayed next to each person's names when they post new reviews. If a review by Joe Bloggs scores 1/10 and his review rating is yes=1 no=100, it is quite clear that alot of people disagree with his reviews.

 
Image

Subliminal Dreams. . ., daily gaming news and the home of Mooneyman Studios!
www.mooneyman-studios.webs.com

Hayo

Stone Goose

Registered
  15/08/2002
Points
  6764

Game of the Week WinnerHas Donated, Thank You!VIP MemberGOTM 3RD PLACE! - APRIL 2009Weekly Picture Me This Round 27 Winner!
15th July, 2008 at 16:05:26 -

I agree with Adam, I just think a "rate this review" system would stop people from writing reviews.

 
www.hayovanreek.nl

Marko

I like you You like you

Registered
  08/05/2008
Points
  2804

Has Donated, Thank You!Game of the Week WinnerVIP Member360 OwnerDos Rules!Happy FellahCrazy EvilI am an April FoolGingerbread House
15th July, 2008 at 16:10:58 -

It'd (hopefully) stop people writing rubbish reviews - no bad thing!

 
Image

Subliminal Dreams. . ., daily gaming news and the home of Mooneyman Studios!
www.mooneyman-studios.webs.com

LIJI

Flava's Smarter Twin

Registered
  29/08/2006
Points
  2032

I like penguins
15th July, 2008 at 17:32:42 -

How would that stop people from posting comments like these on joke-reviews (See Adam's links)?
"zomg this is so funny
User Rated: "
or
"Haha this game is lame
User Rated: "

I said it before, there's no bug fix for human stupidity.

 
Service Unavailable

Phredreeke

Don't listen to this idiot

Registered
  03/08/2002
Points
  4504

You've Been Circy'd!VIP MemberPS3 Owner
15th July, 2008 at 17:38:27 -


Originally Posted by LIJI
I said it before, there's no bug fix for human stupidity.



There is, it's called euthanasia

 
- Ok, you must admit that was the most creative cussing this site have ever seen -

Make some more box arts damnit!
http://create-games.com/forum_post.asp?id=285363

Hill Gigas

Reviewing Madman

Registered
  07/06/2004
Points
  257

Game of the Week WinnerHas Donated, Thank You!VIP MemberI like Aliens!Turtle Power!GOTW WINNER CUP 2!SnowmanGOTW WINNER CUP 3!
15th July, 2008 at 18:06:55 -

You're trying to fix something that is impossible to balance. There's no review or rating system that can accurately measure the quality of anything based on people opinions. Overrating and underrating are matters of opinion, and giving people power to "correct" what they see as an unfair tilt on the scale in either direction is a bad idea. Of course there will be extreme examples, but leaving reviews of bad reviews won't make them go away. If someone wants to cause trouble, they won't be intimidated by the possibility that you may leave a negative comment about their bogus review. You could make a system of dictating who gets to review and who doesn't, but there would be just as much controversy about that system too, and that system would be open to just as much personal opinion as the reviews themselves. Any system of reviewing can be abused, even professional ones. Ebay has gone through major changes lately because their review system was being used to blackmail people.

Leaving reviews of reviews may sound like it would work But what will you do when you write a good review or read a review you completely agree with, then someone gives that review a thumbs down or rates the review as 0 stars? Will you start another thread to review the reviews of reviews? The bottom line is that if everyone had their way, they would tweak the review system so that the final outcome would reflect their own opinion perfectly.

All the admins can do is weed out the ridiculous, which they do. Anything else is just opinion, even if it's biased (which all opinions are to some degree). It hurts, but people need to realize that their opinion always equals 1, no matter how right they think they are, and no matter how wrong they thinks everyone else is. You want to change the system so that "reasonable people"'s opinions can equal 1.5 or 2 in order to bring balance to the DC. But in doing that, you'll upgrade the power of everyone else as well, which puts everyone back to 1.

 
n/a

Marko

I like you You like you

Registered
  08/05/2008
Points
  2804

Has Donated, Thank You!Game of the Week WinnerVIP Member360 OwnerDos Rules!Happy FellahCrazy EvilI am an April FoolGingerbread House
15th July, 2008 at 18:37:03 -

Liji, yeah i agree it wouldn't be able to stop people writing crap like the (good) examples you made, but atleast we wouldn't have to waste our time reading these rubbish types of reviews if loads of people gave it thumbs down. Then maybe these people might get bored and stop posting them. And people won't be put off with good games with bad reviews because they can see how inaccurate the reviews have been.

 
Image

Subliminal Dreams. . ., daily gaming news and the home of Mooneyman Studios!
www.mooneyman-studios.webs.com

LIJI

Flava's Smarter Twin

Registered
  29/08/2006
Points
  2032

I like penguins
15th July, 2008 at 18:40:11 -


Originally Posted by Mark Radon
Liji, yeah i agree it wouldn't be able to stop people writing crap like the (good) examples you made, but atleast we wouldn't have to waste our time reading these rubbish types of reviews if loads of people gave it thumbs down. Then maybe these people might get bored and stop posting them. And people won't be put off with good games with bad reviews because they can see how inaccurate the reviews have been.


People hardly comment on downloads and hardly rate them (Unless very popular), I don't think many people will actually rate reviews...

 
Service Unavailable

Phredreeke

Don't listen to this idiot

Registered
  03/08/2002
Points
  4504

You've Been Circy'd!VIP MemberPS3 Owner
15th July, 2008 at 18:46:14 -

Well, the best way is getting more reviews, so the quality reviews outweigh the bad ones, but that's hard with a limited userbase (how many downloads does an average game get here? And of those, how many bothers leaving a rating let alone write a review?)

Maybe just drop the reviews altogether, except for specific nominated reviewers. Problem is we would get much less reviews that way.

 
- Ok, you must admit that was the most creative cussing this site have ever seen -

Make some more box arts damnit!
http://create-games.com/forum_post.asp?id=285363

Marko

I like you You like you

Registered
  08/05/2008
Points
  2804

Has Donated, Thank You!Game of the Week WinnerVIP Member360 OwnerDos Rules!Happy FellahCrazy EvilI am an April FoolGingerbread House
15th July, 2008 at 18:46:51 -

I think there is a good chance that people on this site, who care about good games in the download section, will go out of there way to giv thumbs-down to stupid or biased reviews that are unfair to hard-working Klikers. And i believe this because of the number of people on this thread requesting such a feature.

 
Image

Subliminal Dreams. . ., daily gaming news and the home of Mooneyman Studios!
www.mooneyman-studios.webs.com

AndyUK

Mascot Maniac

Registered
  01/08/2002
Points
  14446

Game of the Week WinnerSecond GOTW AwardHas Donated, Thank You!VIP Member
15th July, 2008 at 18:51:02 -

I have suggested getting an official review team together a few times, but it fell on deaf ears.

 
.

Phredreeke

Don't listen to this idiot

Registered
  03/08/2002
Points
  4504

You've Been Circy'd!VIP MemberPS3 Owner
15th July, 2008 at 18:52:25 -


Originally Posted by Mark Radon
I think there is a good chance that people on this site, who care about good games in the download section, will go out of there way to giv thumbs-down to stupid or biased reviews that are unfair to hard-working Klikers. And i believe this because of the number of people on this thread requesting such a feature.



I believe there is a good chance that people will give thumbs-down to any review that they feel contradicts their own opinion.

 
- Ok, you must admit that was the most creative cussing this site have ever seen -

Make some more box arts damnit!
http://create-games.com/forum_post.asp?id=285363

Ricky

loves Left For Dead 2

Registered
  28/12/2006
Points
  4175

Has Donated, Thank You!Game of the Week WinnerVIP MemberWii OwnerHero of TimeGOTM Winner! - November 2009I am an April Fool
16th July, 2008 at 04:36:46 -


Originally Posted by AndyUK
I have suggested getting an official review team together a few times, but it fell on deaf ears.



clickzine?

 
-

alastair john jack

BANNED

Registered
  01/10/2004
Points
  294

GOTW WINNER CUP 1!GOTW WINNER CUP 2!GOTW WINNER CUP 3!VIP MemberMushroomI am an April Fool
16th July, 2008 at 13:20:21 -

The best way to get reviews for a game is to review a game!

 
lol

AndyUK

Mascot Maniac

Registered
  01/08/2002
Points
  14446

Game of the Week WinnerSecond GOTW AwardHas Donated, Thank You!VIP Member
16th July, 2008 at 19:54:07 -


Originally Posted by Phredreeke


I believe there is a good chance that people will give thumbs-down to any review that they feel contradicts their own opinion.



Quoted for truth.

 
.

Cecilectomy

noPE

Registered
  19/03/2005
Points
  305

Has Donated, Thank You!VIP MemberWeekly Picture Me This Winner!Cardboard BoxGhostbuster!Pokemon Ball!ComputerBox RedSanta HatSnowman
I am an April Fool
16th July, 2008 at 21:20:48 -

thats the whole point. if the majority of of users hated the game and one person hailed it a 10 in a review. then all the people can vote "not helpful" or thumbs down.

same goes for the opposite. all love the game and some reviewer thought it would be funny to rate it a 1 or a 0 or whatever, then they could say "not helpful" or thumbs down.

the point of the system is so that yeah, maybe only one person takes the time to write a review, but if they write a crap review, the majority can call it BS and the few that want to be funny can play along. in the end the majority rules.

its easier to click a yes or no, a thumbs up or thumbs down, a helpful or not, instead of writing a 1500 character review.

 
n/a

Marko

I like you You like you

Registered
  08/05/2008
Points
  2804

Has Donated, Thank You!Game of the Week WinnerVIP Member360 OwnerDos Rules!Happy FellahCrazy EvilI am an April FoolGingerbread House
16th July, 2008 at 21:35:02 -

Ditto, i agree with the above.

 
Image

Subliminal Dreams. . ., daily gaming news and the home of Mooneyman Studios!
www.mooneyman-studios.webs.com

Ricky

loves Left For Dead 2

Registered
  28/12/2006
Points
  4175

Has Donated, Thank You!Game of the Week WinnerVIP MemberWii OwnerHero of TimeGOTM Winner! - November 2009I am an April Fool
16th July, 2008 at 22:11:53 -

Image

 
-

-Liam-

Cake Addict

Registered
  06/12/2008
Points
  531

Wii OwnerIt's-a me, Mario!Hero of TimeStrawberry
16th July, 2008 at 22:16:30 -

Win.

 
Image

Tell 'em Babs is 'ere...

Phredreeke

Don't listen to this idiot

Registered
  03/08/2002
Points
  4504

You've Been Circy'd!VIP MemberPS3 Owner
16th July, 2008 at 22:48:10 -


Originally Posted by Random Cecil
thats the whole point. if the majority of of users hated the game and one person hailed it a 10 in a review. then all the people can vote "not helpful" or thumbs down.

same goes for the opposite. all love the game and some reviewer thought it would be funny to rate it a 1 or a 0 or whatever, then they could say "not helpful" or thumbs down.

the point of the system is so that yeah, maybe only one person takes the time to write a review, but if they write a crap review, the majority can call it BS and the few that want to be funny can play along. in the end the majority rules.

its easier to click a yes or no, a thumbs up or thumbs down, a helpful or not, instead of writing a 1500 character review.



We have a rating systems for the games. We don't need a rating system for reviews.

Your suggested system oppress opinions that are different from the majority.

Sure there are reviews that might not be helpful, but anyone with half a brain can tell that by themselves, and don't need "ratings" to tell them if a review is serious or not.

And don't think it will stop the junk reviews, people will probably think it's even funnier to write a junk review then seeing a bunch of people putting down-votes on it. But people writing serious reviews will also be targetted by people thinking different.

 
- Ok, you must admit that was the most creative cussing this site have ever seen -

Make some more box arts damnit!
http://create-games.com/forum_post.asp?id=285363

Silveraura

God's God

Registered
  08/08/2002
Points
  6746

Game of the Week WinnerKlikCast StarAlien In Training!VIP Member360 OwnerWii OwnerSonic SpeedThe Cake is a LieComputerChristmas Tree!
I am an April Fool
16th July, 2008 at 22:51:34 -

Let's also add reviewing reviews on other reviews. That'll be fun.

 
http://www.facebook.com/truediamondgame

Ricky

loves Left For Dead 2

Registered
  28/12/2006
Points
  4175

Has Donated, Thank You!Game of the Week WinnerVIP MemberWii OwnerHero of TimeGOTM Winner! - November 2009I am an April Fool
16th July, 2008 at 22:58:31 -

Phredreeke made a very good point. The only people it will hurt are the ones writing good reviews.

Image Edited by the Author.

 
-

LIJI

Flava's Smarter Twin

Registered
  29/08/2006
Points
  2032

I like penguins
17th July, 2008 at 00:22:53 -


Originally Posted by BrandonC
Let's also add reviewing reviews on other reviews. That'll be fun.


That's my joke.
"You should also be able to rate ratings of reviews. And ratings of ratings of reviews. And members, forum topics, posts and comments."
New idea: Rate polls and poll options! Also rating signatures and avatars, project updates, individual screenshots of downloads, frames in a Klikcast episode and private messages!

Image Edited by the Author.

 
Service Unavailable

Del Duio

Born in a Bowling Alley

Registered
  29/07/2005
Points
  1078

GOTW WINNER CUP 1!GOTW WINNER CUP 2!GOTW WINNER CUP 3!GOTW WINNER CUP 4!Evil klikerHasslevania 2!The OutlawSanta Boot
18th July, 2008 at 01:16:11 -

I'd like it so that the reviews you wrote showed up on your profile. Shroomlock might need a couple of pages of expansion for his though.

I've been away for a bit, the changes are great! Thank you for my Klickcast pac man!


EDIT: I've written 3 reviews here, because I really thought the games were either excellent, special or both and deserved recognition. I took my time to write decent reviews and it'd suck to get a bazillion "not helpfuls" from people with other opinions on it. I agree with whoever said 'if they don't agree with a review for a game, write one themselves.' The admins are doing a great job here, but "review a review" is a feature they can save themselves the time and trouble working on, as it's not really needed.

Image Edited by the Author.

 
--

"Del Duio has received 0 trophies. Click here to see them all."

"To be a true ninja you must first pick the most stealthy of our assorted combat suits. Might I suggest the bright neon orange?"

DXF Games, coming next: Hasslevania 2- This Space for Rent!

Codemonkey

Always Serious

Registered
  06/11/2007
Points
  164

Code MonkeyKlikCast StarVIP MemberAttention GetterWii Owner360 OwnerThe Cake is a LieCardboard BoxHero of TimeI'm a Storm Trooper
I'm on a BoatIt's-a me, Mario!PS3 OwnerSonic SpeedGOTM - SEPTEMBER 2009 - WINNER!Evil klikerPokemon Ball!I am an April Fool
18th July, 2008 at 03:21:19 -

I found my life's purpose now that I have a monkey under my avatar!

 
You can log off any time you like, but you can't ever leave.

Otter

Rating

Registered
  29/06/2008
Points
  589

Wii OwnerIt's-a me, Mario!Mushroom
18th July, 2008 at 18:00:20 -

I'm afraid, that if we start rating reviews, it'll turn into us writing reviews about reviews. Then it'll turn into reviews about reviews about reviews that are about other reviews.

 
n/a

Knudde (Shab)

Administrator
Crazy?

Registered
  31/01/2003
Points
  5119

Has Donated, Thank You!Clickzine StaffKlikCast StarVIP MemberGhostbuster!Dos Rules!I donated an open source project
18th July, 2008 at 22:39:17 -

Matt's idea isn't too bad. That might be a good place to have a simple or .

 
Craps, I'm an old man!

Hill Gigas

Reviewing Madman

Registered
  07/06/2004
Points
  257

Game of the Week WinnerHas Donated, Thank You!VIP MemberI like Aliens!Turtle Power!GOTW WINNER CUP 2!SnowmanGOTW WINNER CUP 3!
19th July, 2008 at 17:51:34 -

Guys, I'm going to say something about this as one of the few people on this site who tries to actively write reviews on a regular basis. You can judge for yourself whether or not that makes my opinion more or less valid to this discussion.

I'd like to point out that there are no rewards, and no incentives to write reviews on the DC. The people who take the time to write reviews do so because they want to contribute to the site, and nothing more. But this thread is all about giving other members the power to give a big to the few reviews that people have taken their time to write.

Speaking as a person who write lots of reviews- I wouldn't bother writing another 1,500 character review and put my time and thought into it if I knew that other members were actively encouraged to stamp a on it without having to leave a comment, reason or even their name. There would simply not be a reason to write a review anymore.

If you want to make changes, then this site needs to completely revamp the review system from top to bottom. If you just add nitpicky features like the ones you're talking about, then the only reviews people are going to write anymore are the ones you were trying to get rid of in the first place. The serious reviewers won't bother.

 
n/a

Ski

TDC is my stress ball

Registered
  13/03/2005
Points
  10130

GOTW WINNER CUP 1!GOTW WINNER CUP 2!GOTW WINNER CUP 3!KlikCast HelperVIP MemberWii OwnerStrawberryPicture Me This Round 28 Winner!PS3 OwnerI am an April Fool
Candy Cane
19th July, 2008 at 18:03:34 -

Well my idea was so that if people wanted to rate a review, they would do so by leaving their name next to the rating and stating a reason as to why they've given it that rating.

 
n/a

Ricky

loves Left For Dead 2

Registered
  28/12/2006
Points
  4175

Has Donated, Thank You!Game of the Week WinnerVIP MemberWii OwnerHero of TimeGOTM Winner! - November 2009I am an April Fool
19th July, 2008 at 18:11:07 -

you mean like this:

Rated:
I liked this gamez your wrong lolz

 
-

Codemonkey

Always Serious

Registered
  06/11/2007
Points
  164

Code MonkeyKlikCast StarVIP MemberAttention GetterWii Owner360 OwnerThe Cake is a LieCardboard BoxHero of TimeI'm a Storm Trooper
I'm on a BoatIt's-a me, Mario!PS3 OwnerSonic SpeedGOTM - SEPTEMBER 2009 - WINNER!Evil klikerPokemon Ball!I am an April Fool
19th July, 2008 at 18:17:35 -


Originally Posted by -Ricky-
you mean like this:

Rated:
I liked this gamez your wrong lolz



How about we just do the same thing we do with downloads? 5 stars, and a comment system?

 
You can log off any time you like, but you can't ever leave.

Ski

TDC is my stress ball

Registered
  13/03/2005
Points
  10130

GOTW WINNER CUP 1!GOTW WINNER CUP 2!GOTW WINNER CUP 3!KlikCast HelperVIP MemberWii OwnerStrawberryPicture Me This Round 28 Winner!PS3 OwnerI am an April Fool
Candy Cane
19th July, 2008 at 18:21:09 -


Originally Posted by -Ricky-
you mean like this:

Rated:
I liked this gamez your wrong lolz



To be honest people don't really do that much though, in the games section. In fact I can't remember anyone leaving a crappy reason like that

 
n/a

Phredreeke

Don't listen to this idiot

Registered
  03/08/2002
Points
  4504

You've Been Circy'd!VIP MemberPS3 Owner
19th July, 2008 at 19:21:27 -


Originally Posted by Shroomlock
I'd like to point out that there are no rewards, and no incentives to write reviews on the DC. The people who take the time to write reviews do so because they want to contribute to the site, and nothing more. But this thread is all about giving other members the power to give a big to the few reviews that people have taken their time to write.





 
- Ok, you must admit that was the most creative cussing this site have ever seen -

Make some more box arts damnit!
http://create-games.com/forum_post.asp?id=285363

Silveraura

God's God

Registered
  08/08/2002
Points
  6746

Game of the Week WinnerKlikCast StarAlien In Training!VIP Member360 OwnerWii OwnerSonic SpeedThe Cake is a LieComputerChristmas Tree!
I am an April Fool
19th July, 2008 at 23:07:02 -

What if rather then people giving a large review, we revamp the review system with multiple levels. That way people can easily separate each aspect of the game in one overall review, and then people can give a thumbs or thumbs down (with 4+ word explanation if you vote down) for each part. This way if someone offers a relatively decent review, but there are some aspects of it that you didn't like, you can actually thumbs down and explain why. Thumbs up or down though wont actually effect the credibility of the review, just another way to express opinion.

For example:
The graphics were very nice.

[Random Person]

The sound however was very poor, especially the music.

[Random Person] : I personally found the sound and music to work very well in this game.

 
http://www.facebook.com/truediamondgame

Phredreeke

Don't listen to this idiot

Registered
  03/08/2002
Points
  4504

You've Been Circy'd!VIP MemberPS3 Owner
19th July, 2008 at 23:31:45 -

In case anyone wants to start rating reviews in advance, here are some links for your convenience

http://www.create-games.com/review.asp?id=2816 http://www.create-games.com/review.asp?id=1526 http://www.create-games.com/review.asp?id=3075 http://www.create-games.com/review.asp?id=2261 http://www.create-games.com/review.asp?id=3027 http://www.create-games.com/review.asp?id=1417

(I'm sure BrandonC won't mind, as he has such a positive attitude against review rating )

 
- Ok, you must admit that was the most creative cussing this site have ever seen -

Make some more box arts damnit!
http://create-games.com/forum_post.asp?id=285363

Silveraura

God's God

Registered
  08/08/2002
Points
  6746

Game of the Week WinnerKlikCast StarAlien In Training!VIP Member360 OwnerWii OwnerSonic SpeedThe Cake is a LieComputerChristmas Tree!
I am an April Fool
19th July, 2008 at 23:39:00 -


Originally Posted by Phredreeke
In case anyone wants to start rating reviews in advance, here are some links for your convenience

http://www.create-games.com/review.asp?id=2816 http://www.create-games.com/review.asp?id=1526 http://www.create-games.com/review.asp?id=3075 http://www.create-games.com/review.asp?id=2261 http://www.create-games.com/review.asp?id=3027 http://www.create-games.com/review.asp?id=1417

(I'm sure BrandonC won't mind, as he has such a positive attitude against review rating )


Wait, because I joked about it, suddenly I have a positive attitude against review rating?

Please re-read my last post. I was actually giving a rather decent suggestion. It allows people to voice an opinion in reviews, without destroying the credibility of it, considering Shroomlock made a very good point. These are reviews people did because they wanted to contribute, and for someone to have the right to say "This review sucks." is kind of a bad idea. Give them less power to be abused, but more power to give critique.

PS: I don't mind you posting my review links here, just so long as you're not trying to use work that I wrote when I was younger, as a way to rub it in my face that I don't know what I'm talking about here.

Image Edited by the Author.

 
http://www.facebook.com/truediamondgame

Phredreeke

Don't listen to this idiot

Registered
  03/08/2002
Points
  4504

You've Been Circy'd!VIP MemberPS3 Owner
19th July, 2008 at 23:56:31 -

Well, it's still a version of the review ratings

We don't need people giving 50 negative comments on the only positive review of a game everyone else hated/negative review of a game everyone else loved.

If you loved or hated the game, then say so on the game's comment page, that's what it's therefore. But going into reviews and writing I disagree is just redundant. But maybe I should go to reviews of games I hated (like "everlasting female offspring") and tell everyone reviewing the game how wrong they are?

 
- Ok, you must admit that was the most creative cussing this site have ever seen -

Make some more box arts damnit!
http://create-games.com/forum_post.asp?id=285363

AndyUK

Mascot Maniac

Registered
  01/08/2002
Points
  14446

Game of the Week WinnerSecond GOTW AwardHas Donated, Thank You!VIP Member
20th July, 2008 at 00:20:28 -

I had a load of people telling me how wrong i was in my Knytt stories review. I knew it was inevitable when i wrote it because it's impossible to give the game 17 out of 10 using TDC's current review code.

 
.

Silveraura

God's God

Registered
  08/08/2002
Points
  6746

Game of the Week WinnerKlikCast StarAlien In Training!VIP Member360 OwnerWii OwnerSonic SpeedThe Cake is a LieComputerChristmas Tree!
I am an April Fool
20th July, 2008 at 00:50:41 -

A ton of people told me I was wrong when I reviewed Smiley House. It's all a matter of voicing your opinion and giving out critique. Besides, you completely neglected to notice that I mentioned you'd be giving thumbs up or down to parts of a review, and then explaining why, if you decide to give it a thumbs down.

It sounds like a decent system, but if you're not going to look at all aspects of mine (or any) suggestion(s), and still put it down, then I don't see much why your opinion matters to begin with.

 
http://www.facebook.com/truediamondgame

Phredreeke

Don't listen to this idiot

Registered
  03/08/2002
Points
  4504

You've Been Circy'd!VIP MemberPS3 Owner
20th July, 2008 at 01:44:36 -


Originally Posted by BrandonC
A ton of people told me I was wrong when I reviewed Smiley House. It's all a matter of voicing your opinion and giving out critique. Besides, you completely neglected to notice that I mentioned you'd be giving thumbs up or down to parts of a review, and then explaining why, if you decide to give it a thumbs down.

It sounds like a decent system, but if you're not going to look at all aspects of mine (or any) suggestion(s), and still put it down, then I don't see much why your opinion matters to begin with.



Yes. You rate parts of each review instead of just the whole thing. That doesn't stop anyone from rating every part of the review because the reviewer has a different opinion.

 
- Ok, you must admit that was the most creative cussing this site have ever seen -

Make some more box arts damnit!
http://create-games.com/forum_post.asp?id=285363

Silveraura

God's God

Registered
  08/08/2002
Points
  6746

Game of the Week WinnerKlikCast StarAlien In Training!VIP Member360 OwnerWii OwnerSonic SpeedThe Cake is a LieComputerChristmas Tree!
I am an April Fool
20th July, 2008 at 03:00:16 -


Originally Posted by Phredreeke

Originally Posted by BrandonC
A ton of people told me I was wrong when I reviewed Smiley House. It's all a matter of voicing your opinion and giving out critique. Besides, you completely neglected to notice that I mentioned you'd be giving thumbs up or down to parts of a review, and then explaining why, if you decide to give it a thumbs down.

It sounds like a decent system, but if you're not going to look at all aspects of mine (or any) suggestion(s), and still put it down, then I don't see much why your opinion matters to begin with.



Yes. You rate parts of each review instead of just the whole thing. That doesn't stop anyone from rating every part of the review because the reviewer has a different opinion.



That's why you don't actually effect an overall review rating. You're just giving it a thumbs up or thumbs down, there's no average. It's just 1 review, being bombarded with a bunch of opinions. It's by no means an embarrassment system, but a way to enforce that everyone has an opinion on a game. All of this is stuff that both potential downloaders can view, and game designers can benefit from.

 
http://www.facebook.com/truediamondgame

Phredreeke

Don't listen to this idiot

Registered
  03/08/2002
Points
  4504

You've Been Circy'd!VIP MemberPS3 Owner
20th July, 2008 at 03:19:05 -


Originally Posted by BrandonC
That's why you don't actually effect an overall review rating. You're just giving it a thumbs up or thumbs down, there's no average. It's just 1 review, being bombarded with a bunch of opinions. It's by no means an embarrassment system, but a way to enforce that everyone has an opinion on a game. All of this is stuff that both potential downloaders can view, and game designers can benefit from.



A way to enforce that everyone has an opinion on a game? More like a way to enforce that everyone has opinions on a review of the game. Write a review or just post a comment to the game. But why bother commenting on OTHERS OPINIONS on the game.

 
- Ok, you must admit that was the most creative cussing this site have ever seen -

Make some more box arts damnit!
http://create-games.com/forum_post.asp?id=285363

Silveraura

God's God

Registered
  08/08/2002
Points
  6746

Game of the Week WinnerKlikCast StarAlien In Training!VIP Member360 OwnerWii OwnerSonic SpeedThe Cake is a LieComputerChristmas Tree!
I am an April Fool
20th July, 2008 at 04:05:47 -


Originally Posted by Phredreeke

Originally Posted by BrandonC
That's why you don't actually effect an overall review rating. You're just giving it a thumbs up or thumbs down, there's no average. It's just 1 review, being bombarded with a bunch of opinions. It's by no means an embarrassment system, but a way to enforce that everyone has an opinion on a game. All of this is stuff that both potential downloaders can view, and game designers can benefit from.



A way to enforce that everyone has an opinion on a game? More like a way to enforce that everyone has opinions on a review of the game. Write a review or just post a comment to the game. But why bother commenting on OTHERS OPINIONS on the game.



Seems to be working pretty well on sites like Youtube, Gamespot, and many other sites.

Look, it's a method to enforce that everyone has an opinion on a game, because sometimes commenting the critique of others rather then the product directly, gives more unique feedback. It allows people to respond better to what others are saying.

Rather then fighting my idea, how about actually thinking about it. I mean, by how you're attacking this idea, you're making it sound like everything needs to have a full fledged, logical excuse to exist. Why can't you implicate something simple like this, without making a big deal out of it. Not that I want to bring personal attacks into this, but I feel almost like you're afraid of getting bad feedback on reviews if in the future, you decide to contribute some. I think this idea, though not exactly mine, is a good compromise between Adams and Shroomlocks idea's. Trust me, if I was as hot tempered as people claim I am on this site, it's because of negative feedback like this. I think it's more then worth a shot, and it's not like anything is permanent.

 
http://www.facebook.com/truediamondgame

Phredreeke

Don't listen to this idiot

Registered
  03/08/2002
Points
  4504

You've Been Circy'd!VIP MemberPS3 Owner
20th July, 2008 at 15:37:03 -


Originally Posted by BrandonC
Seems to be working pretty well on sites like Youtube, Gamespot, and many other sites.



There's a difference... On YouTube a popular video could have hundreds of comments. On the other hand, it is rare for a game here to get even five reviews, and many games don't even have a single review.

 
- Ok, you must admit that was the most creative cussing this site have ever seen -

Make some more box arts damnit!
http://create-games.com/forum_post.asp?id=285363

Silveraura

God's God

Registered
  08/08/2002
Points
  6746

Game of the Week WinnerKlikCast StarAlien In Training!VIP Member360 OwnerWii OwnerSonic SpeedThe Cake is a LieComputerChristmas Tree!
I am an April Fool
20th July, 2008 at 19:19:03 -


Originally Posted by Phredreeke

Originally Posted by BrandonC
Seems to be working pretty well on sites like Youtube, Gamespot, and many other sites.



There's a difference... On YouTube a popular video could have hundreds of comments. On the other hand, it is rare for a game here to get even five reviews, and many games don't even have a single review.



Doesn't mean people can't have an opinion on something someone else said.

People have a lot more constructive opinions based on what other people said, rather then going through the stress of thinking something all by themselves.

 
http://www.facebook.com/truediamondgame

Hill Gigas

Reviewing Madman

Registered
  07/06/2004
Points
  257

Game of the Week WinnerHas Donated, Thank You!VIP MemberI like Aliens!Turtle Power!GOTW WINNER CUP 2!SnowmanGOTW WINNER CUP 3!
20th July, 2008 at 20:51:53 -

This site is welcome to add stars, thumbs and cowbells to each review from this day forward. It's not about who's right or wrong. I'm just letting you know that the few people who take their time to write reviews aren't going to do so anymore if the opinion they're expressing isn't respected by the site anymore.

If a review actually counted for something, then I would understand holding them up to more criticism. But right now a full review actually counts for LESS than a simple star-rating in the comments section, so why create a system to judge the opinion in a review, when expressing that opinion was the only incentive to write one? There's no reward, no gain, no consequence for the reviewer or the author. All there is, is the opinion. If that opinion no longer matters, then there's simply no reason to write a review. It's easier to just leave a comment. The review system is already barely there and barely relevant. If you add something like this, something that degrades the opinion of the reviewer, it will push the review system even farther into obscurity.

Here's what would happen- People would start writing mini-reviews in the comments section instead of writing full reviews. That's what most people do already, and implementing this system would push the rest of us into doing that as well.

 
n/a

AndyUK

Mascot Maniac

Registered
  01/08/2002
Points
  14446

Game of the Week WinnerSecond GOTW AwardHas Donated, Thank You!VIP Member
20th July, 2008 at 21:15:49 -

Surely the current option to comment on a review is good enough?

 
.

Codemonkey

Always Serious

Registered
  06/11/2007
Points
  164

Code MonkeyKlikCast StarVIP MemberAttention GetterWii Owner360 OwnerThe Cake is a LieCardboard BoxHero of TimeI'm a Storm Trooper
I'm on a BoatIt's-a me, Mario!PS3 OwnerSonic SpeedGOTM - SEPTEMBER 2009 - WINNER!Evil klikerPokemon Ball!I am an April Fool
20th July, 2008 at 22:06:35 -

The reviews ratings would be more or less like article ratings. It's obvious when someone has taken effort, thought, and time into an review, just like an article. Even if someone disagrees with an article, he can still tell that it is well writen/presented, and wasn't just thrown together. I say thumbs up for review thumbs up/down! /

 
You can log off any time you like, but you can't ever leave.

Phredreeke

Don't listen to this idiot

Registered
  03/08/2002
Points
  4504

You've Been Circy'd!VIP MemberPS3 Owner
20th July, 2008 at 22:16:44 -


Originally Posted by -Codemonkey-
The reviews ratings would be more or less like article ratings. It's obvious when someone has taken effort, thought, and time into an review, just like an article. Even if someone disagrees with an article, he can still tell that it is well writen/presented, and wasn't just thrown together. I say thumbs up for review thumbs up/down! /



That's a nice thought BUT most people don't work that way. People will put on well-written reviews that they disagree with. Sorry if I'm cynical but that's the way it works!

 
- Ok, you must admit that was the most creative cussing this site have ever seen -

Make some more box arts damnit!
http://create-games.com/forum_post.asp?id=285363

Codemonkey

Always Serious

Registered
  06/11/2007
Points
  164

Code MonkeyKlikCast StarVIP MemberAttention GetterWii Owner360 OwnerThe Cake is a LieCardboard BoxHero of TimeI'm a Storm Trooper
I'm on a BoatIt's-a me, Mario!PS3 OwnerSonic SpeedGOTM - SEPTEMBER 2009 - WINNER!Evil klikerPokemon Ball!I am an April Fool
20th July, 2008 at 22:52:08 -


Originally Posted by Phredreeke

Originally Posted by -Codemonkey-
The reviews ratings would be more or less like article ratings. It's obvious when someone has taken effort, thought, and time into an review, just like an article. Even if someone disagrees with an article, he can still tell that it is well writen/presented, and wasn't just thrown together. I say thumbs up for review thumbs up/down! /



That's a nice thought BUT most people don't work that way. People will put on well-written reviews that they disagree with. Sorry if I'm cynical but that's the way it works!



Well then let them disagree, I'm sure the writer of the article will understand that if he does a review, people are going to disagree. MOST people, won't give a comment like "Are you kidding this game deserves a -1!" The download comments seems to be pretty fair, and I think the reivews will too. If someone goes crazy in the downloads, people make get upset/mad/laugh at till he crys. The reivews will be just like the downloads imo, it will be fair enough.

 
You can log off any time you like, but you can't ever leave.

Silveraura

God's God

Registered
  08/08/2002
Points
  6746

Game of the Week WinnerKlikCast StarAlien In Training!VIP Member360 OwnerWii OwnerSonic SpeedThe Cake is a LieComputerChristmas Tree!
I am an April Fool
21st July, 2008 at 01:59:46 -

Discussion over clicking on a click website is already bare as it is. The comment system on giving an opinion on someone elses opinion is a good way to up the amount of discussion on the one thing we all have in common here. I seem to think that everyone who's denying this idea, is under the impression that reviews will get some sort of average rating like: 35% of people like this review.. which would of course be unmotivated for someone who put time and effort into something he clearly did not have to do.

However, consider that a lot of times, people who review stuff and truly put their heart filled opinion into a review, aren't doing it because they only care about contributing, but because they actually want to make their opinion heard in a little more then a petty comment. And as such, a blend of opinions and debates around someones review would inspire better games or more interesting discussions.

I mean, using your theory Pred, no one needs to make games, no one needs to write articles, no one needs to do absolutely anything on this whole site, because there's no reward for it, nor is there any benefit when people are giving you bad ratings and nasty comments on what you worked hard on. Face it, based entirely on what you're saying, your indirectly suggesting we take ratings off of everything, because no one here has any motivation other then contributing.. which really, isn't the case. And if it is, shame on us.

 
http://www.facebook.com/truediamondgame

Phredreeke

Don't listen to this idiot

Registered
  03/08/2002
Points
  4504

You've Been Circy'd!VIP MemberPS3 Owner
21st July, 2008 at 17:54:01 -


Originally Posted by BrandonC
Discussion over clicking on a click website is already bare as it is. The comment system on giving an opinion on someone elses opinion is a good way to up the amount of discussion on the one thing we all have in common here. I seem to think that everyone who's denying this idea, is under the impression that reviews will get some sort of average rating like: 35% of people like this review.. which would of course be unmotivated for someone who put time and effort into something he clearly did not have to do.

However, consider that a lot of times, people who review stuff and truly put their heart filled opinion into a review, aren't doing it because they only care about contributing, but because they actually want to make their opinion heard in a little more then a petty comment. And as such, a blend of opinions and debates around someones review would inspire better games or more interesting discussions.

I mean, using your theory Pred, no one needs to make games, no one needs to write articles, no one needs to do absolutely anything on this whole site, because there's no reward for it, nor is there any benefit when people are giving you bad ratings and nasty comments on what you worked hard on. Face it, based entirely on what you're saying, your indirectly suggesting we take ratings off of everything, because no one here has any motivation other then contributing.. which really, isn't the case. And if it is, shame on us.



I never said there shouldn't be ratings for games or articles. If you want to debate a game then fine, but debate someone's review of it? We could have a "Is this review helpful?" rating, but there's no need for it as most games don't have that many reviews to begin with.

Besides... We wouldn't be encouraging discussion, we would just be spreading it around the site. If people discuss the game on the game's page then that's fine, but if a game has five reviews, then you would have to click through five different reviews seeing if someone replied to one of them.

Besides, we already have a feature to comment on people's reviews

 
- Ok, you must admit that was the most creative cussing this site have ever seen -

Make some more box arts damnit!
http://create-games.com/forum_post.asp?id=285363

Silveraura

God's God

Registered
  08/08/2002
Points
  6746

Game of the Week WinnerKlikCast StarAlien In Training!VIP Member360 OwnerWii OwnerSonic SpeedThe Cake is a LieComputerChristmas Tree!
I am an April Fool
21st July, 2008 at 19:16:32 -


Originally Posted by Phredreeke

Originally Posted by BrandonC
Discussion over clicking on a click website is already bare as it is. The comment system on giving an opinion on someone elses opinion is a good way to up the amount of discussion on the one thing we all have in common here. I seem to think that everyone who's denying this idea, is under the impression that reviews will get some sort of average rating like: 35% of people like this review.. which would of course be unmotivated for someone who put time and effort into something he clearly did not have to do.

However, consider that a lot of times, people who review stuff and truly put their heart filled opinion into a review, aren't doing it because they only care about contributing, but because they actually want to make their opinion heard in a little more then a petty comment. And as such, a blend of opinions and debates around someones review would inspire better games or more interesting discussions.

I mean, using your theory Pred, no one needs to make games, no one needs to write articles, no one needs to do absolutely anything on this whole site, because there's no reward for it, nor is there any benefit when people are giving you bad ratings and nasty comments on what you worked hard on. Face it, based entirely on what you're saying, your indirectly suggesting we take ratings off of everything, because no one here has any motivation other then contributing.. which really, isn't the case. And if it is, shame on us.



I never said there shouldn't be ratings for games or articles. If you want to debate a game then fine, but debate someone's review of it? We could have a "Is this review helpful?" rating, but there's no need for it as most games don't have that many reviews to begin with.

Besides... We wouldn't be encouraging discussion, we would just be spreading it around the site. If people discuss the game on the game's page then that's fine, but if a game has five reviews, then you would have to click through five different reviews seeing if someone replied to one of them.

Besides, we already have a feature to comment on people's reviews



You're right.

 
http://www.facebook.com/truediamondgame
   

Post Reply



 



Advertisement

Worth A Click