Shrink and Destroy is a fast action platformer-shooter that features voice acted cutscenes, difficulty levels, bosses and online scores for speedrunners.
Doctor Szalinski has built a miniaturization bomb that he is threatening to destroy the world with.
Use a combat walker outfitted with a miniaturization device to hunt down the doctor and stop him from using the bomb.
- Move: WASD
- L Click: Fire your weapon
- R Click: Use melee weapon
- Numbers 1-4: Select your weapon
- Space: Jump and skip cutscenes
- Escape: Quit the game
- The machine gun is fast firing and good for mowing down lots of enemies.
- Rockets are good for destroying tough enemies or firing around walls since they track your mouse.
- Your laser is for killing many enemies in front of you at once. Hold to charge it and release to fire.
- If you run out of ammo you can jump on weakest enemies or use your melee attack to kill them.
- Pick up collectibles for more ammo and to repair your walker.
- The game records your play time. After completing all 3 levels, your time is sent to High Score list (not on casual or story mode though)
- Speedrun mode automatically skips cutscenes
Coding & Team Lead: Tomssuli
Graphics and art: Matte, Ducks, Gilbbari
Level Design: SilentLegion
Sound Effects: Saana
Level and Title Music: A-pelimies
Voice Overs: Saana & SilentLegion
Credits Song: Taival (the band exists on Spotify)
This is a finished Advanced Edition of our Ludum Dare 48 gamejam Entry. Jam's theme was "Deeper and Deeper"
- Version 1.03: Increased player weapons damage for casual and normal modes (05.08.2021)
- Version 1.04: Nerfed the increased missile damage not to include bossfights (05.08.2021)
- Version 1.05: Get your playthrough time posted also in story mode (1.11.2021)