Submitted:|| 20th August, 2012
Edited By s-m-r on 9/13/2012
EDIT: Thanks for downloading, folks! You can now follow development of this demo into a full-fledged game on its project page here at TDC:
For this past weekend's ClickJam, I decided to modify DavidN's example on the Clickteam tutorials page and make it fit better with the "Creation & Destruction" theme. The result is a game that I want to continue developing, but I'm looking for community feedback on where to go from here.
I stress that the engine and the majority of the artwork is from the tutorial; I certainly don't take credit for it. The platform engine is really great and I recommend you check it out if you're looking for guidance. It's a superb starting point if you ever want to branch out and expand it with your own ideas.
HOW TO PLAY
The object of the game is to collect as many "widgets" as you can, then return to the exit.
- Use the ARROW KEYS to move your astronaut.
- Use your Plasma Gun to open crates with the CTRL KEY.
- Jump and Double-Jump with the SHIFT KEY.
- You can jump through the rope bridges. Press DOWN and SHIFT KEY to drop through a rope bridge upon which you're standing.
- Enter "Building Mode" with the SPACEBAR.
- While in Building Mode, move your Crosshairs around with the ARROW KEYS.
- Place a new block by pressing the ENTER KEY.
- To erase a block you've built, overlap it with your Crosshairs and press the SHIFT KEY.
Note that you'll need to collect more energy to create more blocks. Find the "POW" blocks and collide with them to gain energy. If you're out of energy and perhaps are stuck in a pit, you're outta luck. Your power is tracked by the purple number counter in the upper-right corner of the screen.
You'll also see some bars in the upper-left corner, which aren't completely implemented. But if the green-red counter is empty, you can't shoot your Plasma Gun anymore.
If you have any feedback on this early start of a game, please let me know. I'm hoping to receive some comments from the TDC community to guide future development.
Changes in the most recent build:
- fine-tuned collision, so that falling between blocks is now possible.
- consolidated power usage for the double-jump, block generation, and Plasma Gun into a single power bar
- created "life-support" bar and the game ends if this ever reaches 0.
- adjusted HUD
- added in falling blocks: those that fall from above if you're too close to them, and those that fall from below if you stand on them.
- player can now create blocks only if they're standing on level ground (either regular platforms or one of their created blocks).
- Metal Detector: when in "Building Mode" an indicator will let the player know where the closest Widget is located. Not completely implemented yet, but you'll know you've collected all widgets and crates when the arrow is completely disappeared.
- two levels included, and one "test level" I use to build new levels - it's not really playable, and is just a place-holder.
Review This Download
http://www.let-off.com/software/create-destroy/create-destroy.exe (5.41 mkb )
Is this worth a look? Let others know! Favourite