The Daily Click ::. Forums ::. General Chat ::. JAPAN best thing that happened to white people Y/N?
 

Post Reply  Post Oekaki 
 

Posted By Message

Dogzer



Registered
  07/02/2011
Points
  1029
17th September, 2009 at 11:42:37 -

Anime, Asian teens, rape, video games, nintendo wii, little girls, computers, technology, porn, hentai, pokemon, pikachu, rock and roll, hiroshima, you name it. What would humans do without that lil place full of ppl? that place.. of love, courage, and best videogames us white people play all night long until the sun rises, that red circular sun, with white background, that sun we all love and play videogames under. Japan, this song is for you:



 
n/a

Johnny Look

One Happy Dude

Registered
  14/05/2006
Points
  2942

VIP Member
17th September, 2009 at 11:49:20 -

... I just knew.

 
n/a

Dogzer



Registered
  07/02/2011
Points
  1029
20th September, 2009 at 13:41:29 -

what did you know? I don't get it..

 
n/a

Neuro

Ludologist

Registered
  29/10/2006
Points
  437

Game of the Week WinnerVIP MemberI'm on a BoatPokemon Ball!
20th September, 2009 at 17:09:52 -

too many boys have turned into girls

 
n/a

Knockturnal

Nothing to see here turn back

Registered
  11/04/2008
Points
  354

VIP Member
20th September, 2009 at 18:16:39 -

Quote: "Rape" >.>

Also I've been to Japan. Cool but nothing too special really. Nintendo HQ was a qreyish white building with a nintendo logo in the corner in the outskirts of Kyoto. The Sony HQ was a tall glass structure in Ginza. Both pretty boring. I liked Akihabara tho

 
Professional vaporware developer

Cecilectomy

noPE

Registered
  19/03/2005
Points
  305

Has Donated, Thank You!VIP MemberWeekly Picture Me This Winner!Cardboard BoxGhostbuster!Pokemon Ball!ComputerBox RedSanta HatSnowman
I am an April Fool
21st September, 2009 at 19:17:58 -

"what did you know? I don't get it.. "

he knew it was you posting.

 
n/a

Don Luciano

Heavy combat pancake

Registered
  25/10/2006
Points
  380

VIP Member
22nd September, 2009 at 07:48:04 -

Eh... why is only good to white ppl? I am white but doesnt make sense. And a lot of japanese modern culture is trying to rippoff western culture.

Not to mention the misbelieving facts about them, like katanas being the best swords, while they r not in any way better than europan long swords.
And they are probably the only nation that never used shields. And harakiried themselves if their train was late 3 minutes, that actually happened.
Their best ever duelsman was actually smart enough to use another shorter sword for parrying the first blow, since unlike in the hollywood movies, samurai sword duels in japan generally were never longer than the first blow.
And why the hell did you mentioned rock and roll?

But animes, the best. Oh and seven samurai - even better, the old one offcourse.

 
Code me a sausage!

Grazzum - Scorpion E



Registered
  25/10/2003
Points
  918
22nd September, 2009 at 18:32:09 -

Well I wouldn't associate ALL the things you mentioned specifically with Japan. I mean what's this business about rape and little girls and porn etc. I'd say that it originated somewhere else and Japan's Generation X just embraced it more so than anywhere else. Up until very recently the culture used to be very strict and traditional.

On another note, anime is something I wish hadn't become such a huge hit. I don't understand the appeal in most of it. I've only ever really enjoyed Princess Mononoke and the Ghost in a Shell series :/

PS. I've also been to Japan Black Jaguar and I found my experience to be something of a cultural shock. all over that tiny country you find such dramatic differences in culture. True, the sony building was only so so but the museum in Horishima was astonishing. Especially how they preserved the twisted metal ruins of the building the bomb exploded over.

Whatever. Yes Japan's awesome.

 
n/a

tetsuya_shino



Registered
  12/08/2004
Points
  491
26th September, 2009 at 11:34:41 -


Originally Posted by Dogzer
Anime, Asian teens, rape, video games, nintendo wii, little girls, computers, technology, porn, hentai, pokemon, pikachu, rock and roll, hiroshima, you name it. What would humans do without that lil place full of ppl? that place.. of love, courage, and best videogames us white people play all night long until the sun rises, that red circular sun, with white background, that sun we all love and play videogames under. Japan, this song is for you:



This post is just full of fail;
1) Posting this here, as written, you imply all Daily Click members are white. 'us white people', my ass.
2) Last time I checked, rape was a crime.
3) 'Little girls'? You make me sick.
4) Why did you list 'video games' and 'nintendo wii' separately?
5) Again with 'pokemon' and 'pikachu'.
6) Japan is famous for hentai, yes... but not for porn. Japanese porn is really quite laughable.
7) Japan isn't famous for rock and roll.
8] Why did you even list Hiroshima? Trying to make a reference to the bombing?
9) Since when are all 'humans','white people'?
10) A 3rd video game reference? Just trying to get a higher word count or you just can't think of any other 'good' things about Japan?
11)If you think Japanese woman, opps I'm sorry 'Asian teens', are only interested in 'white people', you are truely dense.

I have lived here in Japan for over 3 1/2 years. I'm black with a Japanese wife. So when I tell you "you don't know jack shit about the Japan", take it to heart. It's clear you've never been to Japan. I highly doubt you had/have a girlfriend either. Really, I hope this is a joke post. If you honestly believe the crap you posted, I feel sorry for you.

Edited by tetsuya_shino

 
n/a

OMC

What a goofball

Registered
  21/05/2007
Points
  3539

KlikCast Musician! Guy with a HatSomewhat CrazyARGH SignLikes TDCHas Donated, Thank You!Retired Admin
26th September, 2009 at 14:06:19 -


Originally Posted by tetsuya_shino
Really, I hope this is a joke post.



It is.

 

  		
  		

Fordom

Nordanrikets konung

Registered
  12/02/2009
Points
  190

VIP Member
11th January, 2010 at 08:49:57 -

tetsuya_shino,

lol

People like you make me sick

 
This forum is full of trolls and disinfo agents.

Dr. James MD

Addict

Registered
  08/12/2003
Points
  11941

First GOTW AwardSecond GOTW AwardThird GOTW AwardPicture Me This -Round 26- Winner!
11th January, 2010 at 11:59:18 -


Originally Posted by Sven från Svitjod
tetsuya_shino,

lol

People like you make me sick


Because he's against rape, child porn or because he's black and married a Japanese woman?

 
Image
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=j--8iXVv2_U
On the sixth day God created Manchester
"You gotta get that sand out your vaj!" x13
www.bossbaddie.com

Hayo

Stone Goose

Registered
  15/08/2002
Points
  6944

Game of the Week WinnerHas Donated, Thank You!VIP MemberGOTM 3RD PLACE! - APRIL 2009Weekly Picture Me This Round 27 Winner!Weekly Picture Me This Round 41 Winner!Weekly Picture Me This Round 45 Winner!
11th January, 2010 at 12:57:06 -

Probably because he had his sense of humour surgically removed, leaving him no other choice than to take this thread seriously. The actual operational procedure is actually quite sickening as the sense of humour consists of 5 different parts located at different parts of the body, including the navel, and you can't just remove some of them as this would result into an off-balanced sense of humour.

As far as Japan goes, I am training Bujinkan lately and it's doing quite some good things for me. Yay for Japan!

 
www.hayovanreek.nl

Cecilectomy

noPE

Registered
  19/03/2005
Points
  305

Has Donated, Thank You!VIP MemberWeekly Picture Me This Winner!Cardboard BoxGhostbuster!Pokemon Ball!ComputerBox RedSanta HatSnowman
I am an April Fool
11th January, 2010 at 13:01:10 -


Originally Posted by Dr. James

Originally Posted by Sven från Svitjod
tetsuya_shino,

lol

People like you make me sick


Because he's against rape, child porn or because he's black and married a Japanese woman?



here here. how does having decent morals make you sick? the only other thing this can be construed as is racism. if so prepare to be banned.

 
n/a

OMC

What a goofball

Registered
  21/05/2007
Points
  3539

KlikCast Musician! Guy with a HatSomewhat CrazyARGH SignLikes TDCHas Donated, Thank You!Retired Admin
11th January, 2010 at 13:20:20 -

Now see, this is exactly why Dogzer posts these topics. It's an old one anyway, so let's skip the string of misunderstandings.

 

  		
  		

Pixelthief

Dedicated klik scientist

Registered
  02/01/2002
Points
  3419

Game of the Week WinnerWeekly Picture Me This Winner!You've Been Circy'd!VIP MemberI like Aliens!Evil klikerThe SpinsterI donated an open source project
11th January, 2010 at 17:55:10 -

People seem to forget what racism is these days, use it as a byword to justify their own backwards bigotry. It is racist to judge a person or people based upon predetermined stereotypes, to form your opinion of another before you know him, based on his skin or geography, not his individual merits. What is NOT racist, however, is to critique a culture as a culture.

As far as Japan goes, I despise most of its culture. Mind, I despise most of most modern cultures, with few exceptions (scandinavian). But Japan holds a special place of ire in my books. It is, as its base, a culture of pride and honor- concepts not inherently flawed, but when partnered with hypocrisy and cough history /cough, a little tromp through asia changes a nationalist mindset. I think the rape, the bright colors, the technology worship, the manga, the absurdist hairdos, perversion, lack of muscle, effeminate role models and horrible, horrible animation (which single handedly killed off the good parts of cartoons) and suicide are all laughably silly. On the other hand, they got it RIGHT with sushi and TV game shows. So I'll count it a fair trade.

 
Gridquest V2.00 is out!!
http://www.create-games.com/download.asp?id=7456

Cecilectomy

noPE

Registered
  19/03/2005
Points
  305

Has Donated, Thank You!VIP MemberWeekly Picture Me This Winner!Cardboard BoxGhostbuster!Pokemon Ball!ComputerBox RedSanta HatSnowman
I am an April Fool
11th January, 2010 at 19:59:32 -


Originally Posted by Pixelthief
People seem to forget what racism is these days, use it as a byword to justify their own backwards bigotry. It is racist to judge a person or people based upon predetermined stereotypes, to form your opinion of another before you know him, based on his skin or geography, not his individual merits. What is NOT racist, however, is to critique a culture as a culture.



that is completely untrue. while usage and social perception changes racism itself does not. racism is believing that race produces superiority in particular races, it has nothing to do with predetermined stereotypes, or by coming to a conclusion positive or negative about a person(s) based on skin color geography or any other characteristic. stereotyping/typecasting is not racism.

http://blogcritics.org/culture/article/stereotypes-and-racism-not-equal-both/

i doubt you were directing this solely at me but im the only one who explicitly mentioned racism. and i did so directing it at Sven från Svitjod because he said people like tetsuya_shino make him sick. tetsuya_shino took a moral stance on some things and mentioned that he was black. now there was either a misunderstanding, he was joking, or he was being blatently racist. i was not using it as a "byword for my own backwards bigotry", only pointing out a potential problem with a single member.

 
n/a

Matt Boothman

The Nissan Micra of forum members

Registered
  20/09/2002
Points
  108

Game of the Week Winner
12th January, 2010 at 01:20:52 -


Originally Posted by Ebenezer Cecil

Originally Posted by Pixelthief
People seem to forget what racism is these days, use it as a byword to justify their own backwards bigotry. It is racist to judge a person or people based upon predetermined stereotypes, to form your opinion of another before you know him, based on his skin or geography, not his individual merits. What is NOT racist, however, is to critique a culture as a culture.



that is completely untrue. while usage and social perception changes racism itself does not. racism is believing that race produces superiority in particular races, it has nothing to do with predetermined stereotypes, or by coming to a conclusion positive or negative about a person(s) based on skin color geography or any other characteristic. stereotyping/typecasting is not racism.

http://blogcritics.org/culture/article/stereotypes-and-racism-not-equal-both/

i doubt you were directing this solely at me but im the only one who explicitly mentioned racism. and i did so directing it at Sven från Svitjod because he said people like tetsuya_shino make him sick. tetsuya_shino took a moral stance on some things and mentioned that he was black. now there was either a misunderstanding, he was joking, or he was being blatently racist. i was not using it as a "byword for my own backwards bigotry", only pointing out a potential problem with a single member.



Don't agree with your first paragraph. If I used a well-known stereotype (for instance, all black people all criminals) that would clearly be counted as racist - not in the purist sense of the word, but in the everday sense of the word. Even those definitions on the link you posted said a stereotype "represents an oversimplified opinion, [or] prejudiced attitude" and that racism was "racial prejudice". So if I use a stereotype, which represented a prejudiced attitude about a particular race (ie all black people are criminals) then that would be racism, quite clearly.

That said, I find the fact that Pixelthief despises all cultures except "Scandinavian" quite laughable (as if Scandinavia has a 'culture'!).

Never been to Japan, thought about going but entirely unsure how I would find it. I have this image where I visit Japan and expect to be blown away, amazed, but actually would be fairly disappointed with the Japanese people for doing things like shopping in supermarkets, or eating in McDonalds, or going to work in offices, or getting on buses, or the same mind-numbing shit I do in England. Whenever I see a programme about Japan I always want to scream at them "NO! DON'T EAT IN MCDONALDS! CELEBRATE YOUR OWN HERITAGE, KEEP WHAT YOU HAVE NOW, DON'T JUST SELL OUT!" but I guess it's far too late for that. I guess it's the same everywhere; all distinct and individual cultures and customs are being homogenised into one fuck-off, shit-munching, do-your-work-and-come-home-and-go-to-work-again, debt ridden, Microsoft-sponsored, globalised wankathon. In the future it won't matter where you live because every city will be the same. But, on the plus side, at least there'll be no racism (there'll be no races).

 
http://soundcloud.com/normbo - Listen to my music.

UrbanMonk

BRING BACK MITCH

Registered
  07/07/2008
Points
  49608

Has Donated, Thank You!Little Pirate!ARGH SignKliktober Special Award TagPicture Me This Round 33 Winner!The Outlaw!VIP MemberHasslevania 2!I am an April FoolKitty
Picture Me This Round 32 Winner!Picture Me This Round 42 Winner!Picture Me This Round 44 Winner!Picture Me This Round 53 Winner!
12th January, 2010 at 02:49:13 -

I'm my own race. If you are mean to me you are racist.

 
n/a

Jon Lambert

Administrator
Vaporware Master

Registered
  19/12/2004
Points
  8235

VIP MemberWii OwnerTDC Chat Super UserI am an April FoolSSBB 3265-4741-0937ACCF 3051-1173-8012360 Owner
12th January, 2010 at 03:04:48 -

On an entirely unrelated note, my teacher once said "I'm not racist. I hate everybody."

 
Sandwich Time!Whoo!

JoyCheck & KeyCheck Widgets
For easy implementation of customizable joystick and keyboard controls.
http://www.create-games.com/download.asp?id=8364

nim



Registered
  17/05/2002
Points
  7232
12th January, 2010 at 03:26:14 -


Originally Posted by Matt Boothman
"NO! DON'T EAT IN MCDONALDS! CELEBRATE YOUR OWN HERITAGE, KEEP WHAT YOU HAVE NOW, DON'T JUST SELL OUT!"



Hey. It's okay. They've got teriyaki burgers in McDonald's in Japan.

 
//

UrbanMonk

BRING BACK MITCH

Registered
  07/07/2008
Points
  49608

Has Donated, Thank You!Little Pirate!ARGH SignKliktober Special Award TagPicture Me This Round 33 Winner!The Outlaw!VIP MemberHasslevania 2!I am an April FoolKitty
Picture Me This Round 32 Winner!Picture Me This Round 42 Winner!Picture Me This Round 44 Winner!Picture Me This Round 53 Winner!
12th January, 2010 at 03:33:40 -

I could go for a teriyaki burger right about now.

 
n/a

Muz



Registered
  14/02/2002
Points
  6499

VIP MemberI'm on a BoatI am an April FoolHonored Admin Alumnus
12th January, 2010 at 04:53:26 -

Lol, Matt, trust me, people will never merge into the same culture. Here in Malaysia, there are some cities with somewhat cultures to other cities. You get different races, different taboos. There's actually been some government attempts to merge everyone into one race, but it's as much a joke as anti-cigarette campaigns.

I still find it a little hard to imagine what makes Scandinavians so special

Japan definitely has a boring side. If you look at them from the inside, there's plenty of workplace grind. You have Japanese bosses taking classes on how to smile. Yes, you have to teach them to smile, because smiling brings in more money. It's one of the most overpopulated countries in the world. Tech worship is not so much that tech is cheap there. They get ridiculously high wages, and with high wages, gizmos stay the same price, but only food and rent goes up.

Their entertainment reflects a fantasy of escaping from all that. Just like Indian entertainment has a lot of bubbly, dancing, singing people to cheer up the middle class. And things like horror, gory flicks, and drama don't sell well to people who are not happy.

 
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Image

W3R3W00F

Drum and Bass Fueled Psycho

Registered
  08/11/2008
Points
  368

VIP MemberCardboard BoxThe Cake is a Lie
12th January, 2010 at 06:03:29 -

It makes you wonder why people would care so much about a person's color. If a white person were completely covered in freckes would they be black? Another thing; nobody, racist or not, has ever judged their pet(s) (That we know of) by there fur color. Why should they judge humans? It's just wrong. So effing wrong. I'll leave it at that.

Also, I would love to live in Slovenia, Greece, Ireland, Sweden, or Romania. They're all gorgeous!

 
n/a

Cecilectomy

noPE

Registered
  19/03/2005
Points
  305

Has Donated, Thank You!VIP MemberWeekly Picture Me This Winner!Cardboard BoxGhostbuster!Pokemon Ball!ComputerBox RedSanta HatSnowman
I am an April Fool
12th January, 2010 at 09:08:31 -

"Don't agree with your first paragraph. If I used a well-known stereotype (for instance, all black people all criminals) that would clearly be counted as racist - not in the purist sense of the word, but in the everday sense of the word. Even those definitions on the link you posted said a stereotype "represents an oversimplified opinion, [or] prejudiced attitude" and that racism was "racial prejudice". So if I use a stereotype, which represented a prejudiced attitude about a particular race (ie all black people are criminals) then that would be racism, quite clearly. "

well you are entitled to your opinion and you are quite right that a racial stereotype CAN be inherently racist. but know this, stereotyping in and of itself even in regard to race is NOT racism, unless you are claiming superiority from one race to the next. your example fails because it is only racist unless you are also claiming criminals to be inferior to non criminals, and social perception is what determines that. only someone who already thinks criminals are inferior to non criminals would find that racist. thats where pixelthiefs backwards bigotry comes in to play.

"I'm not saying white people ARE better im saying BEING white is CLEARLY better." you would think that statement is racist but it is not. figure that one out.

 
n/a

Dave C



Registered
  24/09/2008
Points
  229

I am an April Fool
12th January, 2010 at 11:52:50 -

you people just don't appreciate the comedy genius of Dogzer. bring back STEVE COMICS, I still remember.

 
n/a

OMC

What a goofball

Registered
  21/05/2007
Points
  3539

KlikCast Musician! Guy with a HatSomewhat CrazyARGH SignLikes TDCHas Donated, Thank You!Retired Admin
12th January, 2010 at 13:14:21 -


Originally Posted by Ebenezer Cecil
"I'm not saying white people ARE better im saying BEING white is CLEARLY better." you would think that statement is racist but it is not. figure that one out.



When you get to this point, semantics say it isn't, but decency says it is. Reminds me of the whole thing with Obama and Harry Reid. Even if intentions are "good," it's rude to point it out. Like telling a wheelchair-bound person that they're missing out on having usable legs. I would imagine it would be accompanied by a raspberry and something along the lines of "nah nah nah nah boo boo."

I think for the most part, we respect each other here. Thank goodness for that.

 

  		
  		

Cecilectomy

noPE

Registered
  19/03/2005
Points
  305

Has Donated, Thank You!VIP MemberWeekly Picture Me This Winner!Cardboard BoxGhostbuster!Pokemon Ball!ComputerBox RedSanta HatSnowman
I am an April Fool
12th January, 2010 at 15:25:22 -

rude, but not racist.

 
n/a

OMC

What a goofball

Registered
  21/05/2007
Points
  3539

KlikCast Musician! Guy with a HatSomewhat CrazyARGH SignLikes TDCHas Donated, Thank You!Retired Admin
12th January, 2010 at 15:43:27 -

A rude opinion, I might add. But that's assumed.

 

  		
  		

Matt Boothman

The Nissan Micra of forum members

Registered
  20/09/2002
Points
  108

Game of the Week Winner
12th January, 2010 at 15:50:41 -


Originally posted by Muz
Lol, Matt, trust me, people will never merge into the same culture.



I disagree. The fact that there are big cities at all in Malaysia is a testament to that; oversees investment, statehood, industrialisation and the resulting commercialisation of everyday life. In fact would you not say (far from me to prescribe to you things about your own country) that Malaysia's 'culture' is simply a mish-mash of foreign cultures that have amalgamated into one broadly defined one (albeit it with regional differences)? Do not most of the youngsters in Malaysia like rock music, American TV and western restaurants? Are you not talking to me on a forum based around the creation of computer games, in English of all languages (and I assume you aren't a unique case in Malaysia)? No, in fact I think Malaysia sums up pretty much in one the homogenisation of everything into one vast Facebook-status-updating, cash-hungry mass. And you and me both are in it.


Originally Posted by Muz
things like horror, gory flicks, and drama don't sell well to people who are not happy.



What?! That's exactly who they sell to!

 
http://soundcloud.com/normbo - Listen to my music.

Cecilectomy

noPE

Registered
  19/03/2005
Points
  305

Has Donated, Thank You!VIP MemberWeekly Picture Me This Winner!Cardboard BoxGhostbuster!Pokemon Ball!ComputerBox RedSanta HatSnowman
I am an April Fool
12th January, 2010 at 17:56:12 -


Originally Posted by OldManClayton
A rude opinion, I might add. But that's assumed.



assumed indeed. had you not noticed the quotes?

 
n/a

Cecilectomy

noPE

Registered
  19/03/2005
Points
  305

Has Donated, Thank You!VIP MemberWeekly Picture Me This Winner!Cardboard BoxGhostbuster!Pokemon Ball!ComputerBox RedSanta HatSnowman
I am an April Fool
12th January, 2010 at 17:57:38 -


Originally Posted by Matt Boothman
Originally Posted by Muz
things like horror, gory flicks, and drama don't sell well to people who are not happy.



What?! That's exactly who they sell to!



its true



 
n/a

OMC

What a goofball

Registered
  21/05/2007
Points
  3539

KlikCast Musician! Guy with a HatSomewhat CrazyARGH SignLikes TDCHas Donated, Thank You!Retired Admin
12th January, 2010 at 18:10:33 -

Yes, I noticed the quotes. I was just making it abundantly clear.

 

  		
  		

tetsuya_shino



Registered
  12/08/2004
Points
  491
20th January, 2010 at 04:21:38 -


Originally Posted by Hayo
Probably because he had his sense of humour surgically removed, leaving him no other choice than to take this thread seriously. The actual operational procedure is actually quite sickening as the sense of humour consists of 5 different parts located at different parts of the body, including the navel, and you can't just remove some of them as this would result into an off-balanced sense of humour.

As far as Japan goes, I am training Bujinkan lately and it's doing quite some good things for me. Yay for Japan!



I stand by my earlier post. Just because you and a few others find racial jokes funny don't assume everyone would. In my opinion only sheltered, uncultured people would make those kind of jokes to begain with. I have a sense of humour, but not when it comes to this rubbish.

I also think it's interesting that some people have a very strong opinion of a place that have clearly never been to.
You watch a few weird YouTube videos and you think you know a country and it's people? Right. If that's the case, if I were to show my wife some Jackass videos, would it be okay for her to assume that all white Americans were borderline homosexual idiots?

Originally Posted by Ebenezer Cecil
"I'm not saying white people ARE better im saying BEING white is CLEARLY better." 'Oh, that's only rude. That's not racist.' *sighs* ... more fail. Look, if you were to go up a group of non-whites and say a clearly racial slur, then walk down a few blocks and say "thank God I'm white", the reaction would be the same. You could ponder if the last statement was racist or not on the way to hospital.



 
n/a

Eternal Man [EE]

Pitied the FOO

Registered
  18/01/2007
Points
  2976

Game of the Week WinnerHero of TimeLOL SignI am an April Fool
20th January, 2010 at 05:16:29 -

Look! Look! Dogzer has 1945 points!
He's obviously implying that the allied forces never should have won WW2. He's clearly a nazi, can't you tell?

Wait a minute!

Is this entire site a NAZI-STRONGHOLD!?

You're talking about races, and merging cultures!

Gaaah!

*/run far away*

And also, Scandinavia isn't what's special about Scandinavia. Sweden is! (Ack! I just turned racist! Or at least I think I did... hard to tell what constitutes a racist in this thread ) The rest of the countries here all talk strange languages and eat only sausages called pölser and drink beer all day. Plus that everyone in Denmark is ultrablond, part of the nazi conspiracy anyone?


I personally think Dog meant EVERY FRICKIN' WORD.
...he's part of the conspiracy...

 
Eternal Entertainment's Code'n'Art Man

E_E = All Indie


...actually Ell Endie, but whatever.
Image
Image

alastair john jack

BANNED

Registered
  01/10/2004
Points
  294

GOTW WINNER CUP 1!GOTW WINNER CUP 2!GOTW WINNER CUP 3!VIP MemberMushroomI am an April Fool
20th January, 2010 at 08:47:19 -

I wish I could go to Japan, where the arcades live on.

 
lol

Del Duio

Born in a Bowling Alley

Registered
  29/07/2005
Points
  1078

GOTW WINNER CUP 1!GOTW WINNER CUP 2!GOTW WINNER CUP 3!GOTW WINNER CUP 4!Evil klikerHasslevania 2!The OutlawSanta Boot
20th January, 2010 at 15:23:22 -

If you mean in that how hot most Japanese women are then yes you have a good point, TC.

 
--

"Del Duio has received 0 trophies. Click here to see them all."

"To be a true ninja you must first pick the most stealthy of our assorted combat suits. Might I suggest the bright neon orange?"

DXF Games, coming next: Hasslevania 2- This Space for Rent!

Ski

TDC is my stress ball

Registered
  13/03/2005
Points
  10130

GOTW WINNER CUP 1!GOTW WINNER CUP 2!GOTW WINNER CUP 3!KlikCast HelperVIP MemberWii OwnerStrawberryPicture Me This Round 28 Winner!PS3 OwnerI am an April Fool
Candy Cane
20th January, 2010 at 16:36:43 -

Del Duio is an orange ninja ;

 
n/a

Muz



Registered
  14/02/2002
Points
  6499

VIP MemberI'm on a BoatI am an April FoolHonored Admin Alumnus
20th January, 2010 at 18:27:11 -


Originally Posted by Matt Boothman

Originally posted by Muz
Lol, Matt, trust me, people will never merge into the same culture.



I disagree. The fact that there are big cities at all in Malaysia is a testament to that; oversees investment, statehood, industrialisation and the resulting commercialisation of everyday life. In fact would you not say (far from me to prescribe to you things about your own country) that Malaysia's 'culture' is simply a mish-mash of foreign cultures that have amalgamated into one broadly defined one (albeit it with regional differences)? Do not most of the youngsters in Malaysia like rock music, American TV and western restaurants? Are you not talking to me on a forum based around the creation of computer games, in English of all languages (and I assume you aren't a unique case in Malaysia)? No, in fact I think Malaysia sums up pretty much in one the homogenisation of everything into one vast Facebook-status-updating, cash-hungry mass. And you and me both are in it.



It depends what you count as culture. If you mean that everyone drives cars, watches TV, plays with Facebook, yeah, then everyone is the same.

But no, you can hardly say that the youngsters like the same thing. There's a different attitude towards foreign investment and industrialization. We don't have the corporate culture as Germans, Japanese, or Americans. There's some disrespect for credit.. you can't just lend people money and expect them to pay you back 4% annually, people think it's immoral. In other places, less than 8% growth means you're being lazy. Work ethics are different.. in Japan, there's loyalty to work. Some take following orders more highly, some appreciate self-control/independence more.

And hey, even though there's a McDonald's in every country, you'll find that the food offered in the McDonald's is very different. You have English, but people speak in different dialects. You have indie rock and indie games, but different cultures have different approaches to them. You can tell Malaysian rock from Indonesian rock from Scandinavian rock.

So, unless everyone lives under the exact same conditions, everyone's going to approach things from different angles. And that approach is what makes a different culture.




Originally Posted by Muz
things like horror, gory flicks, and drama don't sell well to people who are not happy.



What?! That's exactly who they sell to!



Eh, emo doesn't mean unhappy. Angry maybe, but they have to fantasize about it. You can't sell that stuff to anyone who has plenty of experience with gore. You don't find it war-torn countries. But the people who fantasize about being unhappy, sure, those people buy it.

 
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Image
   

Post Reply



 



Advertisement

Worth A Click