The Daily Click ::. Forums ::. General Chat ::. any attempt at a wrestling game?
 

Post Reply  Post Oekaki 
 

Posted By Message

abbas mohiddin



Registered
  08/01/2009
Points
  6
12th January, 2009 at 01:04:54 -

has any attemp at a wrestling game been succesful or small type GTA Games with click products?...and can it????

 
n/a

Deleted User
12th January, 2009 at 01:11:25 -

I'd love to do a wrestling game, but unfortunatly, they require heavy animation, something that I hate doing. And GTA I wouldn't imagine to be too difficult, I believe there have been a few that have that effect.

 

OMC

What a goofball

Registered
  21/05/2007
Points
  3539

KlikCast Musician! Guy with a HatSomewhat CrazyARGH SignLikes TDCHas Donated, Thank You!Retired Admin
12th January, 2009 at 01:16:38 -

Here's a couple links you may like:
http://www.create-games.com/download.asp?id=7381
http://www.create-games.com/download.asp?id=5793

Never played GTA but I remember these being related.

 

  		
  		

Deleted User
12th January, 2009 at 04:19:57 -

Probably no one likes wrestling because its rubbish

 

AndyUK

Mascot Maniac

Registered
  01/08/2002
Points
  14563

Game of the Week WinnerSecond GOTW AwardHas Donated, Thank You!VIP Member
12th January, 2009 at 05:07:37 -


Originally Posted by Jonerick
Probably no one likes wrestling because its rubbish



Um... 'each to his own' as they say.

It's entirely possible but i don't recall any from memory.

 
.

Deleted User
12th January, 2009 at 06:07:08 -


Originally Posted by Jonerick
Probably no one likes wrestling because its rubbish



That's a very broad statement. What if he's talking about amateur wrestling? And what is so bad about Professional Wrestling? I'm a professional wrestler, and just because the only thing you've ever watched is the garbage on TV and kids hitting each other with dinner plates it all falls into the same catagory, huh? Or are we just that ignorant?

 

SyKo



Registered
  21/10/2005
Points
  251
12th January, 2009 at 11:29:19 -

2006 saw the release of a game called Gangsta!

http://www.create-games.com/download.asp?id=4764

closest thing to GTA i can think of. The reviews are well joke

 
Everyone here just seems to click!

Muz



Registered
  14/02/2002
Points
  6499

VIP MemberI'm on a BoatI am an April FoolHonored Admin Alumnus
12th January, 2009 at 11:43:44 -

I'm making a text-based game that has wrestling in it

Heh, it's not really hard to do. The only problem is the collision detection. How do you tell where a grapple succeeds or not? Even worse, how do you make it feel natural, not jerky and stuff or what about bugs about catching guys in the air and tossing them down?

Sure, it's possible. But you have to figure out what kinds of moves works where.

 
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Image

Deleted User
12th January, 2009 at 15:58:57 -

If you look at games like Fire Pro Wrestling, it seems like they put the animation together, either by hiding one of the sprites or making sure the sprites are in exactly the same spot. Most of the grapples too are based on hitting the button before the opponent, but after the two players collide, so it's kind of like the closest without going over. And then of course based on the opponents statistics and tiredness, the opponent will either take the hit or reverse it.

 

Deleted User
12th January, 2009 at 17:27:55 -


Originally Posted by jneumann1

Originally Posted by Jonerick
Probably no one likes wrestling because its rubbish



That's a very broad statement. What if he's talking about amateur wrestling? And what is so bad about Professional Wrestling? I'm a professional wrestler, and just because the only thing you've ever watched is the garbage on TV and kids hitting each other with dinner plates it all falls into the same catagory, huh? Or are we just that ignorant?



All and everything to do with wrestling is rubbish. I'm not ignorant because i don't like the thing.

 

Marko

I like you You like you

Registered
  08/05/2008
Points
  2804

Has Donated, Thank You!Game of the Week WinnerVIP Member360 OwnerDos Rules!Happy FellahCrazy EvilI am an April FoolGingerbread House
12th January, 2009 at 19:27:20 -

I once attempted a wrestling game back in the day of KnP, but gave up due to the sheer amount of animation required. Plus, i was a crap coder back then (not much better now mind lol). As for wrestling, i went off it when i was about 14. Then i started watching it again after playing WWF Warzone on the PS1 (see here: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fbhasfwLaOI), then i got bored of it again in about 2002. Now i've started watching TNA on Bravo, and i kinda like it!

I've got a new appreciation of wrestling - i know it's rigged and so over the top, but you gotta appreciate the amount of training the top guys do to stay fit and in shape (yes yes i know they are mostly all juiced up on steroids!) and the pain they put themselves through to do the biggest/highest jump or the most bloody forehead cut and the lengths they go to to make themselves look stupid just to get a laugh. For that they have my rspect!

Edited by Marko

 
Image

Subliminal Dreams. . ., daily gaming news and the home of Mooneyman Studios!
www.mooneyman-studios.webs.com

Deleted User
12th January, 2009 at 23:42:45 -


Originally Posted by Jonerick

Originally Posted by jneumann1

Originally Posted by Jonerick
Probably no one likes wrestling because its rubbish



That's a very broad statement. What if he's talking about amateur wrestling? And what is so bad about Professional Wrestling? I'm a professional wrestler, and just because the only thing you've ever watched is the garbage on TV and kids hitting each other with dinner plates it all falls into the same catagory, huh? Or are we just that ignorant?



All and everything to do with wrestling is rubbish. I'm not ignorant because i don't like the thing.



Yes it does actually. For whatever reason, you choose to hate something, AND instead of just leaving it alone and not paying attention to it, you go out of your way to cut down someone who "might" be a fan. For whatever reason, you choose to keep your mind closed to something, and I bet you I can tell you what that reason is.

 

OMC

What a goofball

Registered
  21/05/2007
Points
  3539

KlikCast Musician! Guy with a HatSomewhat CrazyARGH SignLikes TDCHas Donated, Thank You!Retired Admin
13th January, 2009 at 00:00:10 -

In light of a few things, I have opted to remove my comment.

Edited by OMC

 

  		
  		

Deleted User
13th January, 2009 at 01:23:09 -


Originally Posted by jneumann1

Originally Posted by Jonerick

Originally Posted by jneumann1

Originally Posted by Jonerick
Probably no one likes wrestling because its rubbish



That's a very broad statement. What if he's talking about amateur wrestling? And what is so bad about Professional Wrestling? I'm a professional wrestler, and just because the only thing you've ever watched is the garbage on TV and kids hitting each other with dinner plates it all falls into the same catagory, huh? Or are we just that ignorant?



All and everything to do with wrestling is rubbish. I'm not ignorant because i don't like the thing.



Yes it does actually. For whatever reason, you choose to hate something, AND instead of just leaving it alone and not paying attention to it, you go out of your way to cut down someone who "might" be a fan. For whatever reason, you choose to keep your mind closed to something, and I bet you I can tell you what that reason is.



So I'm ignorant because i choose to voice my opinion? But not saying anything is fine? Please come up with something a little more cogent if you're going to make a point. In fact actually having a point would help.

If you're allow to say you it's good because you like it, allow me the same liberty.

 

Deleted User
13th January, 2009 at 02:47:38 -

But you didn't voice an opinion! An opinion needs more to it. "I hate this because such and such." You said "All and everything to do with wrestling is rubbish." Have you ever watched any kind of professional debate and sided with the guy that could only come back with "YOU'RE STUPID". And moving aside from that, that had nothing to do with your so called "opinion". I was after your point of view and outlook on the subject. Once AGAIN, it is extremely ignorant to close your mind and attack something without basing it on anything. Learn to read.

 
   

Post Reply



 



Advertisement

Worth A Click