The Daily Click ::. Forums ::. General Chat ::. whatever happened to faind/natomic?
 

Post Reply  Post Oekaki 
 

Posted By Message

MasterM



Registered
  02/01/2002
Points
  701

I am an April Fool
9th March, 2008 at 17:23:59 -

are they both finally dead?

 
Image

Ski

TDC is my stress ball

Registered
  13/03/2005
Points
  10130

GOTW WINNER CUP 1!GOTW WINNER CUP 2!GOTW WINNER CUP 3!KlikCast HelperVIP MemberWii OwnerStrawberryPicture Me This Round 28 Winner!PS3 OwnerI am an April Fool
Candy Cane
9th March, 2008 at 17:27:52 -

No. They have a new site "coming soon" , apparently. Someone made a similar post last year.

 
n/a

Dr. James MD

Addict

Registered
  08/12/2003
Points
  11941

First GOTW AwardSecond GOTW AwardThird GOTW AwardPicture Me This -Round 26- Winner!
9th March, 2008 at 17:56:23 -

The click world has moved on past teams it seems, to me I beam. Are you clean?

 
Image
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=j--8iXVv2_U
On the sixth day God created Manchester
"You gotta get that sand out your vaj!" x13
www.bossbaddie.com

Tim

I'm on here way too much

Registered
  25/08/2006
Points
  132

You've Been Circy'd!Clickzine StaffSilverNova MemberVIP MemberTurtle Power!Evil klikerWii OwnerHero of TimeGhostbuster!Pokemon Ball!
9th March, 2008 at 18:03:57 -


Originally Posted by Dr. James
The click world has moved on past teams it seems, to me I beam. Are you clean?



what do you mean, old bean?

 
http://www.SilverNova.co.uk


-Liam-

Cake Addict

Registered
  06/12/2008
Points
  531

Wii OwnerIt's-a me, Mario!Hero of TimeStrawberry
9th March, 2008 at 18:11:27 -


Originally Posted by Tim, the cat.

Originally Posted by Dr. James
The click world has moved on past teams it seems, to me I beam. Are you clean?



what do you mean, old bean?


Something, something, something, GLEAM!!!

See?! I can rhyme, too!

 
Image

Tell 'em Babs is 'ere...

DeadmanDines

Best Article Writer

Registered
  27/04/2006
Points
  4758
12th March, 2008 at 05:48:39 -

But I have a better windows theme.

Did you see how I rhymed there!? I put it in bold so you'd all see how uber skilled I am. Consider yourselves pwned by my skill.

 
191 / 9999 * 7 + 191 * 7

Deleted User
12th March, 2008 at 14:45:49 -

I don't know about faind, but natomic is certainly dead.

 

Dustin Gunn

Gnarly Tubular Way Cool Awesome Groovy Mondo

Registered
  15/12/2004
Points
  2659

Game of the Week WinnerKlikCast StarVIP MemberI'm on a BoatGOTW Winner Oct 2010Kliktober Special Award Tag
12th March, 2008 at 19:39:53 -

alot of faind people and at least Mark Pay from natomic are still making games though

 
n/a

Retired Kliker Lazarus

The Ed Wood JR of TDC

Registered
  18/07/2003
Points
  7363
13th March, 2008 at 13:39:11 -

They were all on the way to a Click Convention in a Submarine, and they were attacked by a giant squid. Rest in peace.

 
Fine Garbage since 2003.
CURRENT PROJECT:
-Paying off a massive amount of debt in college loans.
-Working in television.

MasterM



Registered
  02/01/2002
Points
  701

I am an April Fool
14th March, 2008 at 18:44:14 -


Originally Posted by Not Lazarus (Hateful Bastard)
They were all on the way to a Click Convention in a Submarine, and they were attacked by a giant squid. Rest in peace.



more like their fathers were driving them and got all involved in a car accident.

 
Image

AndyUK

Mascot Maniac

Registered
  01/08/2002
Points
  14445

Game of the Week WinnerSecond GOTW AwardHas Donated, Thank You!VIP Member
14th March, 2008 at 21:59:56 -


Originally Posted by Not Lazarus (Hateful Bastard)
They were all on the way to a Click Convention in a Submarine, and they were attacked by a giant squid. Rest in peace.



Well I suppose someone had to have taken it off the Beatles at some point.

 
.

Rick (AntiMatter Entertainment)

Possible psychotic

Registered
  18/10/2002
Points
  814

VIP Member360 OwnerWii Owner
7th April, 2008 at 22:53:10 -

It's a shame that the two best Klik groups out there (in my humble opinion, of course) have evaporated. I'm just glad that The Spirit Engine 2 is still in development. Also, ZeroTau still has [FA] on his display name here in TDC... maybe they're still around and don't have a host.

Anyone know what happened with Factor X 2? Is it still in development?

 

Muz



Registered
  14/02/2002
Points
  6499

VIP MemberI'm on a BoatI am an April FoolHonored Admin Alumnus
7th April, 2008 at 23:46:25 -

I think Factor X 2 changed its name and changed to a non-klik product. Looked darn cool.

 
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Image

Rick (AntiMatter Entertainment)

Possible psychotic

Registered
  18/10/2002
Points
  814

VIP Member360 OwnerWii Owner
8th April, 2008 at 00:55:10 -

Yeah, last time I heard about it I knew about the non-Klikness. Anyone got a link for it? I was interested in buying it, but try typing Factor X into Google and you get a lot of obscure math-related pages.

 

machrider



Registered
  25/06/2006
Points
  121
11th April, 2008 at 12:24:44 -

I made my first game (Project 053) while I was a part of Natomic. Then Brad got tired of me on IRC or something and they kicked me off the team.

Aside from that one project, when I was on their team, everyone was working by themselves and just me asking for someone to draw some graphics or something got them really annoyed. I remember asking Spydaman to help me with graphics my game and he agreed. I then told someone that he was helping me out (I guess it was in an "interview" for a klik site or something) and word got out and he got pissed because he said he only agreed to draw one sprite for the game of the main character and that was it. That was when the group had just formed. But for the most part, despite being in the group, I was expected to do everything on my own except for just one time when I got to work with another person (with Brad on P053).

Of coarse, as time went by I guess they got tired of me (Brad especially) and then they eventually kicked me off the team and then lied about me "venturing into other projects" or whatever they had on their site in the about section.

Anyway, from now on I've just been trying to learn how to make music (which I'm failing at), draw (which I'm decent at), and even code better, maybe even learn a programming language all on my own because I realized that getting help from other people never works out as it should. They always get pissed off or don't want to do things. Rather than just make enemies, I just decided to someday make a game on my own.

It seems like though, that's what a lot of the people who were still in the group were doing. They were all making their own games on their own, not depending on anyone in the group. In that regard, there pretty much was no need for the group other than having some sort of brand identity they could all work with.

It was only a matter of time before a bunch of people working by themselves realized that they had no need for a group when they weren't even working as one.

But then again, I joined very early when they first started and I "left" way before they even had Mark Pay or even Blake on their team so what I'm saying might not be totally true or accurate but I still assume that it still may be the case at least.

Image Edited by the Author.

 
n/a

Ski

TDC is my stress ball

Registered
  13/03/2005
Points
  10130

GOTW WINNER CUP 1!GOTW WINNER CUP 2!GOTW WINNER CUP 3!KlikCast HelperVIP MemberWii OwnerStrawberryPicture Me This Round 28 Winner!PS3 OwnerI am an April Fool
Candy Cane
11th April, 2008 at 14:18:59 -

Although pretty good, I always got the impression FAIND seemed pretty big headed. Dunno what made me think that, probably that they were good.

 
n/a

AndyUK

Mascot Maniac

Registered
  01/08/2002
Points
  14445

Game of the Week WinnerSecond GOTW AwardHas Donated, Thank You!VIP Member
11th April, 2008 at 14:24:36 -

I used to post on the Natomic boards every now and then, i never knew you were part of the team, but by the sounds of it that was before i got into the community.

 
.

NeoMonkey

Finnish Army Fire Commander

Registered
  01/12/2006
Points
  243

VIP Member360 OwnerI am an April FoolPS3 Owner
12th April, 2008 at 03:55:51 -


Originally Posted by machrider
I made my first game (Project 053) while I was a part of Natomic. Then Brad got tired of me on IRC or something and they kicked me off the team.

Aside from that one project, when I was on their team, everyone was working by themselves and just me asking for someone to draw some graphics or something got them really annoyed. I remember asking Spydaman to help me with graphics my game and he agreed. I then told someone that he was helping me out (I guess it was in an "interview" for a klik site or something) and word got out and he got pissed because he said he only agreed to draw one sprite for the game of the main character and that was it. That was when the group had just formed. But for the most part, despite being in the group, I was expected to do everything on my own except for just one time when I got to work with another person (with Brad on P053).

Of coarse, as time went by I guess they got tired of me (Brad especially) and then they eventually kicked me off the team and then lied about me "venturing into other projects" or whatever they had on their site in the about section.

Anyway, from now on I've just been trying to learn how to make music (which I'm failing at), draw (which I'm decent at), and even code better, maybe even learn a programming language all on my own because I realized that getting help from other people never works out as it should. They always get pissed off or don't want to do things. Rather than just make enemies, I just decided to someday make a game on my own.

It seems like though, that's what a lot of the people who were still in the group were doing. They were all making their own games on their own, not depending on anyone in the group. In that regard, there pretty much was no need for the group other than having some sort of brand identity they could all work with.

It was only a matter of time before a bunch of people working by themselves realized that they had no need for a group when they weren't even working as one.

But then again, I joined very early when they first started and I "left" way before they even had Mark Pay or even Blake on their team so what I'm saying might not be totally true or accurate but I still assume that it still may be the case at least.

Image Edited by the Author.



This is the problem of all klik groups... No one makes one big project, but evereone makes own projects, that is just boring and slow...

 
I have proven new mathematic formula to be true...

2D > 3D

Image


Ski

TDC is my stress ball

Registered
  13/03/2005
Points
  10130

GOTW WINNER CUP 1!GOTW WINNER CUP 2!GOTW WINNER CUP 3!KlikCast HelperVIP MemberWii OwnerStrawberryPicture Me This Round 28 Winner!PS3 OwnerI am an April Fool
Candy Cane
17th April, 2008 at 10:19:29 -

To quote from Total Klik-

[ machrider ] - Saturday, April 5, 2008 - 5:11 pm
I really miss the TK forum actually. The only klik forum there is now is TDC and people at there are much dumber than I am. Even TK with its inactivity and Nobu talking to himself is better than TDC


Perhaps your two faced attitude got you kicked from the group?

Admin Note
  This had nothing to do with the original question of this topic. Please do not initiate a flame war.


 
n/a

machrider



Registered
  25/06/2006
Points
  121
17th April, 2008 at 14:16:13 -


Originally Posted by jellyfish20
To quote from Total Klik-

[ machrider ] - Saturday, April 5, 2008 - 5:11 pm
I really miss the TK forum actually. The only klik forum there is now is TDC and people at there are much dumber than I am. Even TK with its inactivity and Nobu talking to himself is better than TDC


Perhaps your two faced attitude got you kicked from the group?



No, you just don't understand sarcasm, my sense of humor, or the whole attitude towards TDC on the Total Klik, which is not meant to be taken seriously. I'm not sure you can really understand unless you've been here since the #k&p days. Brad used to make fun of TDC all the time. Those were the days.

Image Edited by the Author.

 
n/a

Ski

TDC is my stress ball

Registered
  13/03/2005
Points
  10130

GOTW WINNER CUP 1!GOTW WINNER CUP 2!GOTW WINNER CUP 3!KlikCast HelperVIP MemberWii OwnerStrawberryPicture Me This Round 28 Winner!PS3 OwnerI am an April Fool
Candy Cane
17th April, 2008 at 14:24:27 -

"Total Klik humor"

Calling people gay and using shitty grammar? Using the site to slag off other members? Because let's face it, it doesn't offer much more than that.

 
n/a

machrider



Registered
  25/06/2006
Points
  121
17th April, 2008 at 14:26:34 -


Originally Posted by jellyfish20
"Total Klik humor"

Calling people gay and using shitty grammar? Using the site to slag off other members? Because let's face it, it doesn't offer much more than that.



Well, I don't think what you're thinking of got me kicked off. I mean, look. Brad made the final boss of his game Craig Jardine (spelled backwards in P053 as "Giarc"). Seriously. This is something we've been doing for a long time, making jabs at other people in the community (but not in any way that should be taken seriously. It's all done jokingly). I don't think you get it though so nevermind.

Image Edited by the Author.

 
n/a

Ski

TDC is my stress ball

Registered
  13/03/2005
Points
  10130

GOTW WINNER CUP 1!GOTW WINNER CUP 2!GOTW WINNER CUP 3!KlikCast HelperVIP MemberWii OwnerStrawberryPicture Me This Round 28 Winner!PS3 OwnerI am an April Fool
Candy Cane
17th April, 2008 at 14:33:24 -

No, what I don't get is why people use it to attack other people. And yes, sometimes its joking, but more often than not I visit TK only to find Ive been attacked without knowing it.

 
n/a

machrider



Registered
  25/06/2006
Points
  121
17th April, 2008 at 14:34:39 -


Originally Posted by jellyfish20
No, what I don't get is why people use it to attack other people. And yes, sometimes its joking, but more often than not I visit TK only to find Ive been attacked without knowing it.



It's not attacking. When I call Nobu a furry, he knows I'm just kidding around. I mean, there is no ill will, I don't know what's up with you taking it so seriously though.

 
n/a

Ski

TDC is my stress ball

Registered
  13/03/2005
Points
  10130

GOTW WINNER CUP 1!GOTW WINNER CUP 2!GOTW WINNER CUP 3!KlikCast HelperVIP MemberWii OwnerStrawberryPicture Me This Round 28 Winner!PS3 OwnerI am an April Fool
Candy Cane
17th April, 2008 at 14:35:49 -

Ya, I'm not just referring to you now though.

Image Edited by the Author.

 
n/a

machrider



Registered
  25/06/2006
Points
  121
17th April, 2008 at 14:45:09 -


Originally Posted by jellyfish20
Ya, I'm not just referring to you now though.

Image Edited by the Author.



From what I remember, everyone is "attacked" on TK, even the regulars, but most of the time it should be taken with a grain of salt.

Image Edited by the Author.

 
n/a

Dustin Gunn

Gnarly Tubular Way Cool Awesome Groovy Mondo

Registered
  15/12/2004
Points
  2659

Game of the Week WinnerKlikCast StarVIP MemberI'm on a BoatGOTW Winner Oct 2010Kliktober Special Award Tag
17th April, 2008 at 14:56:04 -

If I attack you here the thread gets locked!

 
n/a

machrider



Registered
  25/06/2006
Points
  121
17th April, 2008 at 20:39:24 -


Originally Posted by Dustin Gunn
If I attack you here the thread gets locked!



Yeah, TDC is gay like that.

edit: I'm allowed to say that, right?

Image Edited by the Author.

 
n/a

DaVince

This fool just HAD to have a custom rating

Registered
  04/09/2004
Points
  7998

Game of the Week WinnerClickzine StaffHas Donated, Thank You!Cardboard BoxDos Rules!
18th April, 2008 at 12:32:02 -


Originally Posted by DeadmanDines
But I have a better windows theme.


Ah, but this Linux theme I have here is even more sublime.


Sigh...

 
Old member (~2004-2007).

DaVince

This fool just HAD to have a custom rating

Registered
  04/09/2004
Points
  7998

Game of the Week WinnerClickzine StaffHas Donated, Thank You!Cardboard BoxDos Rules!
18th April, 2008 at 12:37:43 -

You're not. Shut up.

...



 
Old member (~2004-2007).

machrider



Registered
  25/06/2006
Points
  121
21st April, 2008 at 11:52:11 -


Originally Posted by DaVince [Ectoprods]
You're not. Shut up.

...




whoops, sorry.

 
n/a

The Chris Street

Administrator
Unspeakably Lazy Admin

Registered
  14/05/2002
Points
  50117

Game of the Week WinnerClickzine StaffAcoders MemberKlikCast StarVIP MemberPicture Me This Round 35 Winner!Second GOTW AwardYou've Been Circy'd!Picture Me This Round 38 Winner!GOTM December Third Place!!
I am an April FoolKliktober Special Award Tag
21st April, 2008 at 12:06:39 -

Ok, enough guys thanks or I'll lock.

 
n/a

Ski

TDC is my stress ball

Registered
  13/03/2005
Points
  10130

GOTW WINNER CUP 1!GOTW WINNER CUP 2!GOTW WINNER CUP 3!KlikCast HelperVIP MemberWii OwnerStrawberryPicture Me This Round 28 Winner!PS3 OwnerI am an April Fool
Candy Cane
21st April, 2008 at 12:17:03 -

Nice to see you moderating the forums on time... oh wait, the drama happened 4 days ago.

 
n/a

The Chris Street

Administrator
Unspeakably Lazy Admin

Registered
  14/05/2002
Points
  50117

Game of the Week WinnerClickzine StaffAcoders MemberKlikCast StarVIP MemberPicture Me This Round 35 Winner!Second GOTW AwardYou've Been Circy'd!Picture Me This Round 38 Winner!GOTM December Third Place!!
I am an April FoolKliktober Special Award Tag
21st April, 2008 at 15:18:37 -

haha touche.

Well um anyway. Natomic is coming back soon I think, god knows whats happened to Faind. They registered the name faindgames.com I think.

 
n/a

DaVince

This fool just HAD to have a custom rating

Registered
  04/09/2004
Points
  7998

Game of the Week WinnerClickzine StaffHas Donated, Thank You!Cardboard BoxDos Rules!
23rd April, 2008 at 04:15:31 -

In two months can expect yet another "Whatever happened to FAIND and/or Natomic?" thread.

 
Old member (~2004-2007).

machrider



Registered
  25/06/2006
Points
  121
23rd April, 2008 at 10:07:08 -

Who is still with Natomic anyway? I thought there were only like 3 or 4 people still active and most of them are pretty much on their own now, working on their own projects (see Project Rhapsody, or TSE 2 for example).

 
n/a

Deleted User
28th June, 2008 at 11:35:31 -

Well, Mark is working on TSE2, Blake on Rhapsody. Andi, if I'm not mistaken, was working on some smaller project. Brad, I don't know. Solid vanished, very much so. Meric kind of vanished but I believe I heard he still works on something. Chris Och is still around. Odi, Spydaman and Yoshiman have left. And I'm still working on HFA at times and on another smaller game.

So we're still around.

You know, you also have to take our age into consideration. I believe I was the youngest, or at least one of the youngest members of Natomic. I'm 21 right now. The oldest, I think, is Andi or Mark (slap on the wrist). They're probably on their late twenties. Doing games as a hobby demands you to slave yourself for weeks. Sometimes you're able to do this. Sometimes, having a partner, work, personal pleasures, etc., doesn't allow for such a consuming hobby. I think Spydaman and I were interested in the same field: I work as a movie director, editor, screenwriter and cinematographer. That alone takes, at times, 25 hours of my day away from me. I'm only assuming he's under the same sun. So, to be brief, once you start growing older, making games isn't a possibility unless it becomes a way to make ends meet (and it also implies the funny hair-do and the Derek Yu-like attitude).

Image Edited by the Author.

 
   

Post Reply



 



Advertisement

Worth A Click