Tig Duels for Extraordinary Gentlemen and Such Etc
Submitted:|| 12th August, 2008
Edited By thewreck on 8/17/2008
Without further ado, I invite you to partake in an event of multiple importance.
Oxeye Game Studio, in a very humble of sincere fashion, exquisitely presents:
TIG DUELS FOR EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN - And Such Etc.
"Yes. Awesome game, this has taken place of Rock, Paper, Scissors in tiebrakers for me."
"Just registered to let you know that this game is awesome. Especially the white glove slapping for online challenges "
"I've changed my avatar purely for this game..."
"I just wanted to say, I'm about to put this game on my laptop, just so a friend and I can play it on the aereo-plane. I'm pretty sure it will make us the envy of everyone else on the flight, and probably in the airport and state.
A gut wrenching, wrist twisting, sword stabbing, monocle cracking god beloved, praise the lord, fight to the death blood spewing, challenge screaming online stabbin', ugh stouting championship honor fighting dueling game! - by rapier! En garde! Touche! Version 1.
The game is a dueling game, so get a friend! However, it can also be played perfectly well alone online against other gentlemen from all over the world!
# Gut wretching dueling
# Advanced one button gameplay
# Online Play with Lobby!
Here follows some Scribblings:
Firstly and most foremost importantly, Pick a key!. One key is all you ever need really, especially in this game! Pick your favorite one! Even that mouse buttons thing works.
When you and your nemesis have hogged a whacker each, you can browse through the tre bien Société le Tigsource! by applying quick and gentle taps to your key. Select the most courteous one by firmly holding the key pressed.
When both players have selected duelists, the serious business begins.
First, tap once to present your sword. (No gentleman would engage another gentleman unless both have their swords presented, aye?)
From now on you can use many different strategies and moves to defeat your nemesis, and once and for all settle the dispute, whatever it may be.
* Hold key pressed to Advance forward (bravely), keep it released to retreat (cowardly)
* Hold key then release it to lunge forward in an attack.
* Press down on key again and hold IMMEDIATELY after you released an attack to enter block. (like a true fencing champion)
* If key is kept down in block, the character will eventually stop blocking and continue to advance (like any true gentleman would). If the key is released before this happens the character will make an agile dodging slide backwards (skillfully keeping the other duelist's edge of the sword at safe distance). If the key is pressed JUST as the blocking stops, you will instead lunge forward in a fast attack.
* If you attack multiple times in a row, you will become slightly fatigued, making it harder to perform fast attacks. Take it easy for a while to regain your strength.
* If you attack an incoming attack right as it hits you, you will parry it. (finally proving that you have the reflexes of a deadly snake!)
Each time you defeat your opponent, you gain a point. When 5 points have been dealt, the duelist with most points wins the set. Similarly, when 5 sets have been won, the duelist with most won sets will be held victorious, and the dispute will be considered settled.
Smash the button M to begin your journey towards internet fame! Pick key and yourself. Now you are presented with a screen with fancy techy stuff. If you don't own a router, you are probably safe. If you do, you need to pick a port that is forwarded to your computer. If you need some help on how to do this, hit F11. When that is setup, start!
If you successfully connect to the lobby, you will be able to chat. Now, if there are other gentlemen in the channel, you can select their name in the list and slap their avatar with your white silk glove.
When challenged names will appear in the list to the left, select a name and hit the swords to start! ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haEmyirhQ1A - Highlights from the fights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2tgsugV9C8 - fight 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw7b1TNXT8g - fight 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD1-Pgc8TKM - fight 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiZRJHlHRQg - fight 4
Review This Download
http://www.thewreck.se/games/tigduelsSilver.rar (5.2mb )
Is this worth a look? Let others know! Favourite