I think it's time for some controversy. Everyone post some of their strongest, most potentially-offensive opinions here. And Phizzy is obviously going to take the piss.
Soldiers are not heroes.
Islamic Extremists (AKA 'Terrorists') have a lot of balls and are doing what we were all taught in kindergarten: Fighting for what they believe in. They're still wrong to kill thousands of people, but so are American and Australian soldiers.
There is no excuse for voluntarily joining the army.
Coffee has more caffeine than tea.
Anyone who calls themselves a 'Proud Australian' or a patriot of any kind, is sad and has nothing real to believe in and must instead hang on to some outdated and illogical concept of a 'nation'.
Extremists must all be destroyed before they destroy us. We have done nothing to them that they didnt cause.
Yes there is a god damn fucking excuse for voluntarily joining the army. Lets look back at world war 2 when the japanese went crazy thought they were the master race and wanted to take over the world. They had taken over china, hawaii, new guini, etc. They were attacking australia and if there were wasnt anyone joining the army australia would be run by the japs. America had to drop 2 atomic bombs on japan to make them finally stop.
Same thing but on a smaller scale is happening with the islamic extremeists.
Mexicans who are protesting immigration laws in the USA, should all be sent back home. They are staining and making the rest of the Americas look bad. They say the latino population needs to unite, and right after the statement, they say mexicans should show the US what is to be without them...what happened to the rest of Latin America? They are stupid...go home!
I hate this latino label as well, they make me look like im just like them!
I'm just loving Firespell's views. Never has an opinion been so far off the mark.
- Islamic extremists are doing what they think is right. If you truly believed that to appease your God you had to kill folks you would take it as a necessary evil.
- National pride is viewed as negative by people like Teapot, but it really isn't an "empty belief". The trouble only comes when people use it as an excuse to attack people who aren't from their nation.
- Mac OSX is the worst OS there is.
- People who come through a long and painful illness are not "brave". They don't have a choice, do they? It's not as if they chose to suffer, they just did.
- Meat is good for health, and good for satisfaction. Vegetarians are all just attention-seekers who jump on the populist bandwagon.
- Foreign immigration is what keeps the superpowers going.
- Drugs are overrated.