...but i'm also here to get your comments on what you think I should include in the new version i'm currently working on from scratch
Basically the new version has a few new things in works...
- An actual storyline...something along the lines of terrorists taking over a top secret underground weapons research facility.
- All new and original graphics. All made by me, i've been doing a fair bit with Photoshop for the menu, so it looks pretty shmick, I might use 3D Studio Max for some of the things.
- Totally new engine. Custom platform movement, possible 360 degree shooting, gonna have ammo for guns as well as reloading. Mouse aiming and shooting so you don't have to bum around with confusing controls.
- More and better effects. Smoking, particle explosions and fire. I'm basically gonna have chunks of walls flying everywhere. Lighting and atmosphere effects i'm thinking of doing. And lets not forget blood and STACKS of weapons!!!
- Improved AI. The AI was pretty tricky in the original, i'm gonna make it more realistic now. Add a bit of purpose to the enemies, instead of just walking back and foward. And also fix up the glitches they have.
So what do you think? What is missing in my beta that would go well in the new version?