There doesn't seem to be any surviving reference to these games outside of the Wayback Machine, but I'm hoping that they may still exist in some old Klik & Play game collections out there (presumably under the filenames "apt.exe" and "apt2.exe" FWIW).
Some details that I remember about these games (which might hopefully jog somebody's memories) were:
- the title screen featured a meteor crashing into Pikachu's head
- the "missions" were assigned by Jesus from South Park
- gameplay consisted primarily of shooting characters that bounced around the screen
- there was an outer-space level with a simulated scrolling effect that was relatively impressive for the K&P engine
- the soundtrack featured corny MIDI renditions of late-1990s/early-2000s nu-metal
Thank you Joshtek. In a way it's kind of a funny situation.
Many "lost" KnP games are readily available out there, but the folks trying to find them have forgotten specifics/details that would help them on their search.
In my case it's the opposite: I remember a great deal about these games (perhaps too much? ) but they seem to have disappeared from the web altogether.