The other day I was browsing around the download section of this site and realized I couldn't really find what I was looking for (which was a fun 2+ player click game at the time). That made me think that it would be cool to have some sort of top 10 lists for different types of clickgames. This site/section of top 10 lists could contain stuff like:
*top 10 online clickgames
*top 10 click platformers
*top 10 click RPGs
*top 10 click 2+ players games
*top 10 click puzzlers
*top 10 cult clickgames
*top 10 wierd clickgames
*top 10 fan clickgames
and so on...
People could make suggestions for games that would be included in the list and we could make a new list like every-other month or so. Except links to the games the site/section could have a short review and some screenies of the game.
I would love a feature like this and it would be fun to see if anyone else would be interested in something like this.
Who will decide what's good and what isn't anyway? There are number of excellent click games that do very well outside of the click community, but have been ignored or even bashed by most clickers. A number of the most loved games here, do very badly outside the community abd hardly any non clicker wants to play them.
What criteria will be used? The way it looks? The way it plays? The popularity in the community? The number of downloads outside the community? Did the game manage to go commercial?
Well like most top 10 lists they probably won't be 100% objective. I will try to represent the general mass but also I may find some games that has been overlooked in my opinion. Before each top 10 list I will try to get people dc mail me with suggestions about what games they think should be added.
Here are a list of things in order of their importance I will consider when making the lists.
1. The community's recommendations (I'll start forum threads here and at TK, Klikbox (and KU if it's up) to get tips from the people. If I'm lucky some kind admin could add a little notice in a news post aswell)
2. Using google to check popularity and find games at other sites as much as I can be bothered. Also checking how well they've done here at TDC using the GOTW and the download section.
3. Use my personal opinion in what games I think are good. This might bring one or two unnoticed games to the lists.
4. Use other people's personal recommendations. I might ask some individuals that I feel have played many click games and are generally good at giving critique to other clickgames.
5. In case of emergency if I have a hard time even filling a list with 10 games I'll take whatever I can find and arrange them as best as I can.
Obviously my personal opinion will show a bit everywhere like when I find some games which seems to have been equally as popular then I'll rank them as I feel they should be fit.