Directsound 2 has been released as a Lite edition. I haven't got the time to finish adding the fancy extras like audio effects and sound capture, so here's a cut down version of Directsound 2. Fully documented and with examples.
- 64 channel mixing (compared to MMF's 8 sound mixing). Supports hardware acceleration.
- New sound engine - MUCH more stable than Directsound 1.
- Control panning and volume on individual sounds.
- Enhanced positional sound: Positioned sounds now also pan. Panning and volume also continuously update relative to the listener position. Sounds can also be attached to objects so you can hear the sound move around with the object.
- Control sound frequency (for car engine effects etc)
- Seamless looping
- Read raw data: get the raw audio data from WAV files to display wave images and so on.
- Write raw data: write your own waves using algorithms or formulae, and hear the result. Combined with raw reading, you could feasably code your own effects.
Sorry to resurrect this thread but I've done a small update. New in v1.1:
- Should let the application run on PCs without soundcards
- Set/Get position of a channel in milliseconds, and channel length in milliseconds
- Is Playing condition to check if any channel is playing.