Chh.... yeahhh..... about that... I'll be honest, I do hope this is just a concept design that's deep in concept design, because I'll be honest - as much as I love my Xbox 360, it would be quite sad to have this be the future of it. It's actually uglier than the Playstation 3 Slim was. And what a horrible name for the motion capture. Good thing I don't have much faith in the whole motion control in games anymore, or I might've been really crushed.
So the Microsoft conference finished a while ago, here is a round-up:
- Xbox 360 íslimí is official, ships this week
- ESPN coming to Xbox Live (US only)
- Kinect gets November 4th US release (no price - though some sites have it at $149)
- Halo Reach to have space combat
- Fable 3 coming 26 October
- A host of Kinect games coming (15 launch titles)
- Kinect hub, uses voice recognition
- First Metal Gear Solid: Rising gameplay
- Crytek/Microsoft Studios Partnership
- Call of Duty Add-ons to be first on Xbox for next 3 years
Best part for me was the MGS: Rising gameplay (though even that I was a little disappointed with). Pretty disappointed with everything else as I'm not into Halo, and Kinect just seemed gimmicky to me (at least with the games they showed).
EA conference starts in about 15 minutes, so hopefully they'll have some cool stuff to show